Reading Instructions

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Why is it people...consumers and so called installers do not read or pay attention to installation requirements?

I don't mind running out and making a few hundred bucks in 30 minutes but golly gee. They are so adamant they followed instructions to the T. While they are harping on the manufacturer I am seeing this and saying, uh huh, right, sure, ok. Bye. :rolleyes:

Complaint; Separation of seams.

Halstead 17580 088.JPG

Halstead 17580 038.JPG

Halstead 17580 026.JPG

Halstead 17580 035.JPG

Halstead 17580 045.JPG

Halstead 17580 061.JPG

Halstead 17580 032.JPG

Halstead 17580 073.JPG

Last edited:
I did a carpet job today and the home owner asked me to reinstall new Laminate . Well the old stuff was tented all over the place . I just told him i don't install Lam .

I know he is not going to keep the house acclimated and want to blame me .

That was a DIY/friend of a friend handyman job.

Nick, just give it extra space. My mom still runs a swamp cooler; evap for all you Yankees up there. I put lam in here house and she never runs nuthin unless she is ready to drop.

Toilet and front door threshold fastened down on flooring. One thing I have issue with is the 1/8 in gap. Why not 1/2inch or 3/8"? Installers do the 1/8" and it expands and buckles. Baths with toilets should be separated with a transition strip of some kind. Problem is the man don't make proper matching one.