ReBounding Walls

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Any of you lamninate installers and guys who also do hardwood floaters run into rebounding walls ie walls that give.

I have run into quite a few lately. I find if your not installing a floor with a UNICLIC locking mechanism the end joints pop open. I did a few rows and go back and look and there they are, open end joints. Ain't nuthin worse then end joint popping open.

That happened to me on a LL laminate recently and a Pergo Presto job. BTW that presto is the worst crap I have ever installed in my humble opinion. If you tap it in the end joint just a smidgen to much the end joints peak really bad. I never see this with a UNICLIC system.

Give me a nail down any day of the week .
I did one where there was so much junk in the joinery i had to scarf every board , and still had to fight to get them together . :mad:

I like naildown too. Problem out here is no one knows how to properly fasten down the UL. Down stairs is concrete and if you get a 2 story be ready for krappy OSB to deal with.

Latest posts

Back