Scuff marks on the painted baseboards

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How high up on the baseboards? If the paint thinner didn't dull the finish, it might be worth spending additional time using that alone.
I'm not sure if Stoddard solvent is slightly more aggressive than paint thinner, but might be worth a try.
Goof off might work too, but if you try it, be careful that it doesn't soften and dull the finish. Sometimes you have to work fast with it, then buff with a clean dry rag. Trial and error........... less error. :D

Man I haven't heard that name since my Navy days back in the 60"s. We used it to clean our planes. Made your hands all tingly. Who ever heard of wearing gloves.

Daris

Man I haven't heard that name since my Navy days back in the 60"s. We used it to clean our planes. Made your hands all tingly. Who ever heard of wearing gloves.

Daris

I got this from a .gov website:
Stoddard solvent is a colorless, flammable liquid that smells and tastes like kerosene.

................so Daris, is it true? :D

Go and get something called "Magic Eraser". It works wonders.

On glossy paint? :eek:
............I suppose I ought to try it some day. Job is completed anyway. Burnishing with the soft, fine thread count cotton cloth did pretty good. Anything even slightly abrasive would have dulled the finish. On a 3" tall baseboard, the problem would be less of a concern because it would be much less noticeable.

The game changed today. Me and my brother spent 6 hours moving furniture up into the rooms...................
...............scuff marks? I don't see no freeking scuff marks! :D

Latest posts

Back