Slab foundation is my installer lying to me?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speakeasy

Hi! I have a slab foundation seasonally prone to some moisture. It was mid level when I measured it few months ago.

I am trying to install Engineered Wood on slab.

My installer told me I needed 1) Apply Decorez epoxy first and then some
Acrylic Urethane Adhesive for Engineered Wood Floors.

The total cost of materials per 1600 sqf is about $1200.

I am wandering whether Bostik MVP4 is all I need. I know MVP4 is more expensive but do I really need both (decorez and acrylic urethane glue). MVP4 seems to do it all ?

Many thanks in advance,

Roberts acrylic urethane adhesive is also latex based. Confusing huh. I'm not sure which one you speak if but I'd not use anything Roberts 1407 like.
Plus, exactly how are you "measuring" this slab. The installer should be doing Astm f 2170-11 on it. Home owners are usually not qualified to measure concrete emission rates or relative humidity tests.

speakeasy said:
Hi! I have a slab foundation seasonally prone to some moisture. It was mid level when I measured it few months ago.

What's mid level and how did you measure it? What's the source of the moisture?

speakeasy said:
My installer told me I needed 1) Apply Decorez epoxy first and then some
Acrylic Urethane Adhesive for Engineered Wood Floors.

Epoxy is for a worse case scenario...what's the MVE as per 1869.

speakeasy said:
The total cost of materials per 1600 sqf is about $1200.

Doesn't sound unreasonable.

speakeasy said:
I am wandering whether Bostik MVP4 is all I need. I know MVP4 is more expensive but do I really need both (decorez and acrylic urethane glue). MVP4 seems to do it all ?

MVP is a sealer only. You can get a single step sealer and adhesive like bostik ultraset or vapor lock which runs about $1 sf.

Latest posts

Back