Smartphone Antivirus protection

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Should I have protection on my smartphone? Is so which one? I had one before and it slowed my phone to a crawl.

Avg is good . I use to use it on my desktop to, But i change every month or so to check out others.

Using Bit Defender now. Doing a great job. Won't let me on a site that has Malware .

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEzInYE7jEIShx4zoM0VoTQMUBbgg

For the Phone.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/avg_antivirus_free_for_android.html

I went to the bit defender site and was reading things. Then i noticed it said after 5 seconds it automatically down loads. Then i got little window that asked if it could make changes on my computer. I said no. So question is did it download unto my confuser?

Daris

I bought the really good bitdefender 2016 for the desktop and it didn't load right, those guys don't seem to be able to fix it. :mad:

Prior to that I was having issues with an update that screwed my desktop, wouldnt even boot up, kept telling me I had critical structure - memory management - and a missing or malfunctioning graphics card.

I got the pc fixed up but the bitdefender is still jacked and I cant turn on either Windows defender or Bitdefender. grrrr

Nick, I got signed in on their main website, problem was their stupid box wouldnt recognioze my password and email. Changed password successfully. S o when I logged into the main site it said I didn't have any bitfinder apps on my pc. But I can see it and the stupided sign in box keeps popping up. frikkin *(&%*&T*!!!

So they tell you how to do the usual uninstall but then it has an option to reinstall it. Maybe I should try they first eh?

Yes , Unless you have the set up installation icon , or able to get it , I would remove it with Revo. It takes out all the left over files that add & remove , and their uninstall software leaves on your hard drive .

You can prevent AVG Antivirus from displaying pop-up notifications such as update and AVG Advisor notifications by disabling the option to display system tray notifications. You can access the option in the program’s Advanced Settings window. Although AVG Antivirus Free’s notifications can provide you with information related to your computer’s performance and potential threat removals, they can also prove to be a significant distraction if there are too many notifications during your work day.
Step 1

Start the AVG program and then select "Options."
Step 2

Choose "Advanced Settings" from the drop-down menu of options to open the Advanced Settings window.
Step 3

Click "Appearance" to reveal the list of Appearance settings.
Step 4

Clear the "Display System Tray Notifications" check box under System Tray Notifications.
Step 5

Click "Apply" and then select the "Yes" button on the User Account Control box to confirm that you agree to the changes.
Step 6

Click "OK" to close the Advanced Settings window.

Geez whiz, I finally decided to x-nay the bitdefender 2016. And I got my money back. The tech dept is extremely slow, wont answer the phone so I messaged them off their website. Amazingly I got a call from them within two hours apologizing.

When I was having issues with the bitdefender I bought the reimage repair software to see if it could fix some issues I was still having after the windows 8 update, it kept stalling on me and told me i could really damage files if I stopped it. I stopped it anyway, like whatcha gonna do sit and watch it spin?

Called reimage and told them it didn't take after a couple days of fussing with it and they're slow as hell tech dept which was basically sending the same email over and over. Got a refund from them as well. I told them I used their own free revo uninstaller to delete their software program. hehehe

Now my windows defender virus protection and firewall and back up are running. Went to AMD's website and Windows website to repair the messed up driver and some memory issues caused by the update. Everythings running smooth now. And now I don't want to load anymore crap on my pc.

I been running the free Bit defender for 2 months now . No problems.

Blocks sites that have Malware on them .

Glad you got your money back.

Latest posts

Back