Stair Tread Job.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Thank goodness Nick sold me his Stair Wizard because this stair case was so crooked, every step was larger and different angles on sides. See the first five or so pics on the slideshow. Took me half a day to prep these nasty things. Next time I'm just going to tell people to put on new ones.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/13772863@N08/show/

Click on slideshow for info or Show info up top. .

Last edited:
Ive got a funky looking metal thing that slides with arms that sit against the stringers to get the angles. Are you telling me theres something better?

Ive got a funky looking metal thing that slides with arms that sit against the stringers to get the angles. Are you telling me theres something better?

Sounds similar to a Stair Wizard Ken. The pro Line II Stair Wizard is much like the Pro Stair Wizard cept it is beefier and stained. If you were paying attention earlier on the other thread,

https://plus.google.com/photos/1176...s/5846777860648869153?authkey=CIXq8IG3-e_Y1AE

Heck, if I had my druthers I'd be doing stairs all day every day instead of flat lay square footage.

Someone asked about it, never seen it but I heard about it.
I can't really envision anything simpler than the Stair Wizard jig.

I used to measure or glue sticks together like the granite guys do.

:eek:
Very pretty. What's the story with the wood floor repair?

You mean the one pictured in a kitchen in the slide show? The house had a huge remodel prior to me putting in flooring. Then a year later the drain collapsed where the GC decided to save them some money and connect the kitchen drain to the old pipes. They had to come in and cut out the slab, 12 inches of concrete.

I wouldn't mind paying as long as it made it easier than what I'm doing now. No matter how good I cut the tread, I still get a little gap. Did you caulk your stairs on the sides. I got mine from woodwise for like $125.

Ernesto said:
For free? How nice.

I'm on their trainer/instructor list. Every time they come out with something new they send it to me. I won a pair of proknees in some contest a dozen or so years ago. They sent me the 07 model in '07 and parts (buckles, linings, straps, etc.) ever since.

I'm on their trainer/instructor list. Every time they come out with something new they send it to me. I won a pair of proknees in some contest a dozen or so years ago. They sent me the 07 model in '07 and parts (buckles, linings, straps, etc.) ever since.

So, you train on how to use pro knees?

Latest posts

Back