Table saws

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched my high school wood shop teacher cut off his fingers on a Monday, as he was telling us not to be afraid of this saw because the previous Friday, one of my classmates cut off his finger on the same saw. Karma I guess.

Do any schools still have shop classes? Ours doesn't. They added useful classes like interpretive dance. (WTF?)

I can see the auto shop class at my sons' school when I drive by so I know they still have that. I took wood shop and metal shop in Jr. High. In high school I took auto shop. I had a '68 Cutlass and we changed out the Y-pipe on the exhaust. That was very cool but I didn't really learn much else out of there. Sure wish I did but they don't make cars like that anymore anyways. There wasn't all that to it actually.

A kid in metal shop class lost a finger in a grinding wheel. I wasn't there at the time.......... probably a good thing. Welding instructor was missing a thumb...... never asked where it went.

Still have auto shop in high schools here and thats it, oh well does computer classes count? My youngest learned how to build a pc.
My old wood shop teacher was missing an index finger and I couldn't square up a piece o wood to save my life.

Latest posts

Back