The Exchange

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Got conned into buying a ipad air2 for the ole lady for Christmas, but only if she gives me her 2 year old samsung notebook with win 7. I think I'm getting the short end of the schtick. But she has a iphone and that new fitbit thing that all syncs. I like the compactness of the notebook though. Might have to put my sony Vaio circa 2000 to rest. :(
Now how can I transfer stuff on my Vaio to the notebook or will it not?

Got conned into buying a ipad air2 for the ole lady for Christmas, but only if she gives me her 2 year old samsung notebook with win 7. I think I'm getting the short end of the schtick. But she has a iphone and that new fitbit thing that all syncs. I like the compactness of the notebook though. Might have to put my sony Vaio circa 2000 to rest. :(
Now how can I transfer stuff on my Vaio to the notebook or will it not?

Initially I had trouble "seeing" the Mac files from a 2001 Imac on my PC laptop. I downloaded some free software. I can't recall the exact one. Anyways, they offered a free 30 day trial or something. I moved all the files via an external hard drive and am still seeing and using all those files and photos with no problems years later in spite of the fact that I never "subscribed" to their software package. Maybe it was a one time price rather than subscription. I do recall that it was relatively cheap like $50-60 or something around there.

Mostly I just needed the pictures and movies I had on the old external hard drive as my laptop couldn't "see" them until I downloaded that software.

I wish I understood how all that works............well, I guess I don't really wish that......unless it can be explained in 25 words or less because that's where my attention span and interest seems to drop off.

What OS is on the Viao E ?

Music, movies, photos, documents should just transfer over.

A pdf is a pdf whether in Windows 95 or Windows 7 I would think.No?

The only certain thing I need to do extra myself is my Linux Documents need a Windows Freeware Document reader to interpret those Linux Text documents I made outside of NotePad.

Otherwise. Everything else is copy-able from one Windows system to the other when it comes to it.

Unless we are talking about some really exotic stuff. Like lzma files or something weird.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back