The Viet Nam Wall

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are 2 of the original "moving walls" and several copycats. The originals were built by Vietnam vets and supported by donations. Some of the others charge. The original was here Sept 30-Nov. 6 1998.

There must be a couple dozen of those things operating under slightly different names. Last fall a local American Legion sponsored one of them here and rumor has it it is a fairly expensive undertaking. The organizations pay a large portion of the fee up front. Nothing wrong with any of that I don't guess other than I think many people are profiting from the exercise and the loss of our troops.

Some of them sell T-shirts and Polos and ball caps. The ball caps that sold here cost about thirty bucks for a cap you can buy at Walmart (without the specialized wording) for five bucks.

I had fifty caps embroidered with my logo and I paid six bucks each for the embroidered caps.

Just don't know how I feel about all of that. I have no idea how it really works or where the profits go.

I do know seeing the wall was a very emotional experience for me.

Latest posts

Back