Trying to clean and maintain my hardwood

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I found this forum through the sister diy forum. I just bought a house and it has hardwood on one side of the main floor.

It is still in okay shape but desperately needs to be clean and perhaps polished. The previous owners didn't take great care of it but it it is still intact.

I have found a picture of what it looked like when they bought in on an old link (see below):
old.jpg

And this is what it looked like when we got it:
new.jpg

So it was shiny and nice once but no more. I can take more pictures if necessary. I'm a newbie and I just want to do whatever I need to to make sure these stay in decent if not good shape.

We already picked out some area rugs that should make it that we don't put scratches on the floor with the furniture we will eventually move in.

I would have it sanded,and recoated.

Get a Gal of Bruce hardwood cleaner, and a micro fiber mop at Home Depot.

Spray the head of the mop, and clean it once a week. you can dust it every day if you want with the mop.

Thanks for the help guys. I found someone to do the job. This isn't a great picture but it is what they look like now. I'll try to post a better one later.

IMG_20160318_120952474.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a Matte finish to me . 3 coats is good .

Now go to Home Depot and get a gal of Bruce hardwood cleaner , and a micro fiber mop. I spray the head of the mop and clean the floor once a week .

You can dust it every day if you want .

Looks like a Matte finish to me . 3 coats is good .

Now go to Home Depot and get a gal of Bruce hardwood cleaner , and a micro fiber mop. I spray the head of the mop and clean the floor once a week .

You can dust it every day if you want .

Totally next on my list. :)

Latest posts

Back