TV bias

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If thats the way you want to try and make your money and by taking funds from people who were related to death squads in El Salvador, and if you lose it tough luck. :eek:

If thats the way you want to try and make your money and by taking funds from people who were related to death squads in El Salvador, and if you lose it tough luck. :eek:

That's exactly as I thought.
...it's OK to risk and loose everything you own.
...however if you risk and win by creating a company or whatever, the government should heavily penalize the guy for taking a chance and succeeding. ......thus taking incentive away from people who chance investments.
Granny had stocks and since those are investments that produced income without manual labor, might as well nail her to the wall to since she made money without even working. Same with anyone who has a 401 or any investments. 'free money' with no physical effort ought to be taxed at 50%

The reward and encouragement to people shelling out money for investments is a lower tax rate..... as it should be. They are rewarded for taking a risk.
You want them to lose either way............ lose if you guess wrong, lose if you guess right. Na, investing right means you created something, ie: products and jobs. That is worth encouraging.

I don't like the death tax, but investment income is still income, taxed at a lower rate. But what Romney wants is to pay no tax.

I tell you what I think. Rich people were fine before the Bush tax, the economy was fine, investments were fine. The money looks better in my pocket than there's. And I need it more than they do. The middle class needs it more than they do.

If Romney and Ryan get elected they will throw the poor in the ditch and Granny is going to have to die in the hills like the cave man days cus they will cut Medicare

Ryan's primary idea to balance the budget is to cut social security and medicare. Did you know that most people, including me, now drawing social security will not draw out as much as they paid in? And if he gets his way, the next group of retirees will draw even less of what they paid in. And since there is an income cap on paying in, the poor and middle class will get soaked again.

I don't like the death tax, but investment income is still income, taxed at a lower rate. But what Romney wants is to pay no tax.

I tell you what I think. Rich people were fine before the Bush tax, the economy was fine, investments were fine. The money looks better in my pocket than there's. And I need it more than they do. The middle class needs it more than they do.

If Romney and Ryan get elected they will throw the poor in the ditch and Granny is going to have to die in the hills like the cave man days cus they will cut Medicare

Ryan's primary idea to balance the budget is to cut social security and medicare. Did you know that most people, including me, now drawing social security will not draw out as much as they paid in? And if he gets his way, the next group of retirees will draw even less of what they paid in. And since there is an income cap on paying in, the poor and middle class will get soaked again.

I am middle of the road and hate extremes on either side.......... that said, you know I don't lean left of middle.
We are in an economic situation in the US caused in large part because of our government. I hate rules, and I hate regulation, but there is a point at which both are necessary. I don't like monopolies, so if two large telephone companies, or two large oil companies, or two large electric companies are allowed to buy up all the rest................ well that isn't fair and needs regulation.
The question is how much regulation? Where does government set the bar........ must there be at least 5 energy companies in the US, or a minimum 5000 in order to preserve competition?
I do not know the answer, but I think regulation is necessary so that one energy company cannot gobble up the other 4,999. What is fair, what is right? Much more complicated than me simply tossing out my own viewpoint.
I have absolutely no clue what is fair or what is best.
My problem in all of these kinds of monetary decisions, are people like us being know it alls........... we are not. We shoot from the hip at what we want to be. We have to admit that me and you are virtually clueless as to the reality of this kind of decision making.
As an example...... Ernesto, if you raised the taxes on that top one percent by lets say......... 13.13%, what would the REAL effect be on
A:
Government spending?
B:
New tax income for the government:
C:
How would they really spend the additional revenue? (paying down the debt or adding money to existing programs?)
D:
How many minutes would those billions of dollars actually run the US government? (8 days comes to mind)
E:
How much less incentive would there be for those people to invest their money (stocks) to create new companies, or expand existing ones?

Z:
Problem is that there is a tipping point, where government raises the bar so high that it drives businesses out of the country, reduces US jobs and ends up shooting itself in the foot.

Ever hear of Carbonite? Looks what happens when a single company makes a 'feel good' mistake............ a choice that puts 'feel good' ahead of reality and consequences? Our elected government officials use 'feel good' way to often........... and most often it's used as a way to get re-elected.
...tossing out candy to the children will get you elected almost every time...
...Running on a base of denying candy will lose most every time.

........ even tho candy costs $100, and you only make $50.......... just promise the sky to everyone and their eyes will glaze over wanting the dream to continue, tho deep down they know it can't go on forever. (Pyramid scheme)

I don't support cutting Social Security, but I do support cutting the costs that make it such an expensive system to run. I do support reducing governments red tape and delay process which makes building a bridge a 15 year process............ simply to get the permit!

My big issue her is the demonization of the right, or the Republicans by the media. ABC, CBS, NBC....... and OMG.....PBS TV and radio. :rolleyes:
They are all heavily slanted and they demonize the Republicans as the norm. ...........as if the far right Democrats are the middle of the road. :rolleyes:
In addition, they have drummed this into peoples heads for so darn long, along with the Democrats, that they make the word Republican mean that he's a person who hates children, wants old people to stave or be homeless and freeze to death........ only so they can and their rich friends can party and live high on the hog while everyone suffers.
Ya know, Republicans have friends and relatives too. Grandpas, Grandmas, sons, daughters, grandchildren and co workers .............. do you really think that Republicans and Democrats are really that much different? I don't. I work for both and the differences I see between the parties are usually small, often single issues.

What person in their right mind hates old people and children and wishes them harm? aw, c'mon, lets get real.
......... but that's the way conservatives are portrayed in the media.

Test your own inner strength by checking out the reality of what you wish for compared to the reality of achieving it.
If I was a billionaire living in New York, and they raised the city tax from 3.646% to 7% (NY also has a sales tax from 4 to 9 percent)

3.6% city tax, plus 4% to 9% sales tax, plus property, vehicle, gas, business, state tax, gas tax, federal tax, permit taxes........how much is enough these days. Romney doesn't pay 11% in taxes. We are taxed up one side and down the other.......... and taxed upon money that has already been taxed.

The government is the problem.

......If I was a billionaire in NY I'd say go suck an egg, and move to another state. If all the billionaires in NY followed me out of town, (and there are 70 of them), the city would have to file for bankruptcy.

.............. this, my children, .....is known as cause and effect. :D

The government and it seems many Democrats too, only envision the math of the new revenue they expect to get from the tax increase, .........without thinking far enough ahead to understand the end result of their action.

Government is too big, programs are bloated and need streamlining.

Hopefully Mitt wins and his new side kick will find ways to make the government more efficient instead of raising taxes on anyone.

Mitt pays more personal taxes by percentage than most people......... I think twice as much. He doesn't pay taxes on "wages", because he has none or few ways to make any income fit into the "wage" category.

He is an investor, and risks his own personal money in hopes to make money. If he makes money, so do other people...... meaning he creates wealth by investing and risking his own money.

If he loses it all and ends up on the street, Ernesto thinks it's funny,

......but if he hit's a gold mine, Ernesto wants a piece of the pie.......... I just cannot even slightly fathom that kind of thinking.

I have been havin fun with all this, knowing well that the best I will achieve it to possibly open a few peoples minds a teenie weenie bit on the hate the rich and hate the Republicans theme that is the base of the big three US media steams......... and PBS,( land of the sky is falling)

I do appreciate having a forum where stuff like this is allowed and it proves that this can work without any anger or name calling or ruffled feathers. Mine aren't ruffled........ hope knowbody else's got ruffled.

In ending, I just want to say that Ernesto is wrong, and as usual, I am slightly to the right. :D

.............I'll let this topic slide into the sunset so that Rusty can sleep better without having to worry 'bout what he will see when he wakes up.

Thanks Rusty, very much appreciated!

Last edited:
Oh sure, a twenty page response and you want to let it rest. Your not getting off that easy.

First, there are risky investments and safe investments. It it their choice if they want to go the risky route.

Hopefully Mitt wins and his new side kick will find ways to make the government more efficient instead of raising taxes on anyone.

Thats what the republicans have brainwashed you to think. The rich got a huge TAX BREAK, burdening the middle class and causing a huge deficit. Now that it might expire the republicans want you to think the rich 1% is going to get taxed! If you cannot see that your deaf dumb and blind. lol

Next, read this, you may think Al is just a comedian, but if you ever heard him speak about politics you would know he is actually a very smart Harvard graduate. I promise it will only take half the time to read your last post took me.

Click this: http://occupy316.org/2011/07/14/sen-al-franken-shreds-the-republican-economic-theory/

Are you starting to get the point? Because Franken has more:

“This is the most incomprehensible economic theory I’ve ever heard. And then, when it needed one more element to become absolutely dangerous, and Dick Cheney provided that. Cheney said, ‘Reagan proved that deficits don’t matter’. So Bush takes the biggest surplus in history and turns it into the biggest deficit in history, hands off a $1.2 trillion projected deficit to Obama, and an economy, here it is, I’ve done my job, we’re shedding 750,000 jobs a month.”

Last edited:
3 and 1/2 years later, and it's still Bush's fault. The irony!

I know, Obama should have fought the good fight and not let that tax cut for the wealthy 1% go on. Thats only costing us 700 billion dollars a year, heck, chump change. But.....he had another fight to deal with.....healthcare corps throwing grandma over the cliff.

Now, say you won a nice chunk of change in the lotto. Will you invest it, simply bank it, or hide it under that llose board under the carpet for safe keeping?

Here is my last word on it. The republicans think, and also want you to think that the 1% are the only people who invest and create jobs. Well, whats a 401K and other savings accounts do for the middle, lower middle class people? Does that not count as an investment? People also buy stocks and bonds. My father was a lower middle class guy, he bought stocks in his company. My wife has a 401K. Ya know, the wealthy can only buy so many Mercedes Benz. Oh, wait, would that perhaps be a Cadillac, naw.It's a preposterous argument that only the rich can invest and create jobs.

Last edited:
3 and 1/2 years later, and it's still Bush's fault. The irony!
I broke my arm............ and it was Bushes fault. He allowed ACME shoe lace company to make their product overseas.
The product was inferior and the shoe string lengths were uneven.
........so anyway, I tripped over my shoelaces, which Bush allowed to be made overseas,
....which as I mentioned earlier, were inferior.
.....and I broke my arm.
As I mentioned earlier......... it was Bushes fault.
I bet we can all sit around a campfire and tell hundreds of similar events.
I tell you what, I am not voting for Bush again.
........as I mentioned earlier, he broke my arm.

I know, Obama should have fought the good fight and not let that tax cut for the wealthy 1% go on. Thats only costing us 700 billion dollars a year, heck, chump change. But.....he had another fight to deal with.....healthcare corps throwing grandma over the cliff.

Now, say you won a nice chunk of change in the lotto. Will you invest it, simply bank it, or hide it under that llose board under the carpet for safe keeping?

Here is my last word on it. The republicans think, and also want you to think that the 1% are the only people who invest and create jobs. Well, whats a 401K and other savings accounts do for the middle, lower middle class people? Does that not count as an investment? People also buy stocks and bonds. My father was a lower middle class guy, he bought stocks in his company. My wife has a 401K. Ya know, the wealthy can only buy so many Mercedes Benz. Oh, wait, would that perhaps be a Cadillac, naw.It's a preposterous argument that only the rich can invest and create jobs.
So if you invest in stocks, you pay a 15% tax on a 5% investment return.
If the 1% invest, you want them to pay 38% on a 5% return............ boy oh boy does that make a guy want to risk his money or what?
Too much government, to many programs, too many overlapping programs, to many rules, regulation, red tape, fees.
School lunch program is all summer long too. Do they deliver? The town next to us has 5 fancy shmancy little vans labeled school lunch program. There are food stamps here in Oregon, PLUS, you can have the kids eat free all year at school. This stretches the food stamp dollar a lot, making for much tastier deserts at dinner time and more cans of sugary soda to go with the Doritos.
....... pretty cool idea ain't it? I don't think we ought to mess with this fine program tho ....it's ...it's drumrollllllllll.
....... it's, "for the children"
....all the chubby, underfed, malnourished children, which is over 50% of em around here, and I suppose most everywhere these days.
If we cut the size of government, we'd of course have higher unemployment............ and we certainly don't want that, do we? :D

Last edited:
Look, if you cannot stay ion topic then it is uselss for me to try and help you.

The cost of food lunch program is miniscule as compared to the tax cut for the super wealthy.

Whats the cost of the deficit that Cheney said didn't matter? Whats the cost in terms of the trillions of dollars in debt interest wise every year Bush handed to the President? Could Obama simply stop that payment? Could he hgave walked out of Afganistan and Iraq and stopped the bleeding of our wallets?

Could Obama stop borrowing money from China and Russia? Who Ok'd borrowing money from communists to pay off the war debt and the other trillions of dollars that the tax cut for the rich cost us?

And your worried about a program for little kids to eat lunch. lol

Look, if you cannot stay ion topic then it is uselss for me to try and help you.

The cost of food lunch program is miniscule as compared to the tax cut for the super wealthy.

Whats the cost of the deficit that Cheney said didn't matter? Whats the cost in terms of the trillions of dollars in debt interest wise every year Bush handed to the President? Could Obama simply stop that payment? Could he hgave walked out of Afganistan and Iraq and stopped the bleeding of our wallets?

Could Obama stop borrowing money from China and Russia? Who Ok'd borrowing money from communists to pay off the war debt and the other trillions of dollars that the tax cut for the rich cost us?

And your worried about a program for little kids to eat lunch. lol

That was one small example, and there must be 10's of thousands of "minicule" programs that could be trimmed. Bring everyone up with all those free programs, and they quickly become indoctrinated into "the state pays for that" "they owe us" "the government is there to provide for us" "the rich can afford it"
It's brainwashing and jealousy.

OK, I ended once, and so did you........ we both know neither is gonna budge.
You're still wrong tho. :p
Hey, I gotta get goin' .........I got a dream job this week. It's a Bruce 5/16" by 3 1/2" click together floor that was water damaged. Is being replaced with the same material.
Bruce 5/16" is top of the line still..... right? :D

....oh, and to make it sweeter, the lady insisted the wood be left in place as it dried out. Restoration company said OK.... they sucked up what they could and installed some dehumidifiers. :eek:
...to make it more fun, this is a manufactured home with particle board floors. It's been dry for months now. How many colors does mold grow in? :D

my assumption going in is that if your occupation is that of a politician then you are a corrupt, lying thief-----it saves me a lot of time------please remember ---------only a rat can win a rat race

Look, all I want to know is where are the jobs from the $1.74 trillion dollar tax break the 1% got since 2001? They bitch about Obama doing a 500 billion dollar recover fund which has helped. But 1.74 TRILLION DOLLARS!

That should have boosted the economy all by itself and has done nothing for jobs. So, where's the jobs from this trickle down, supply side economics?

The stock market is doing well. Fortune 500 companies are holding hundreds of billions ofdollars yet there is not much in the way of jobs being produced.

Look, all I want to know is where are the jobs from the $1.74 trillion dollar tax break the 1% got since 2001? They bitch about Obama doing a 500 billion dollar recover fund which has helped. But 1.74 TRILLION DOLLARS!

That should have boosted the economy all by itself and has done nothing for jobs. So, where's the jobs from this trickle down, supply side economics?

The stock market is doing well. Fortune 500 companies are holding hundreds of billions ofdollars yet there is not much in the way of jobs being produced.
What are you leaving out.
.......... the rich are not spending money ...not creating jobs, yet are raking in historical fortunes on the backs of the business that they are not creating and the people they are not employing.
Man, I want to be rich so the money pours in when the economy is in the tanks and knowbody is producing anything for the company I shut down. Sign me up for bein rich! :D

...and tell us about how well all the the trickle down stimulus is workin out.
...continuously borrow from China to pay for bailouts and "stimulus" until they demand payment? Good plan
Forget checks and balances.
...we need to remove the US government credit card. (debit card)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back