Urethane on Engineered Hardwood

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arman

Hi,

I have an engineered wood floor I put in a month ago that, according to the manufacturer:

"all sealed with 7 layers of the latest super low gloss urethane finish with aluminum oxide"
"Prefinished stinson medium color, super matte low gloss urethane finish, elegantly wire brushed
"

Two questions:

1. Does this mean the flooring is "sealed" wood, and I can use cleaners that use some amount of water on them?

2. I would like to seal any small crevices between boards; the click system doesnt seem to hold well in the long direction of the boards and I am seeing some small gaps forming now with the rising temperatures. Is it not advised to put a coat of eurathane sealer across the wood, to seal these and any other defects?

Thanks

Only the manufacturer can give you the correct answer. If a cleaner has some water in it that shouldn't have much affect on the floor, but it should evaporate quickly. The flooring shouldn't have water mopped on or leave any puddles at all.
You really need the does and donts coming from the manufacturer. Wood expands and contracts, so don't fill the gaps or seams with anything..... well a chipped corner is ok, just don't fill everything and aspecially not with polyureuthane or a coating.

Latest posts

Back