W 10

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
With W 10, you will be forced to get updates and it will have a time limit on usage before you are forced to upgrade to W11 (?).
Microsoft already has tried the expiring software with Office 365. It has a three year life span with a fourth year option for students.
They will not force W7, 8.1 and 8.3 users to go to W10, but will offer no updates.
They are already forcing updates on versions of IE. If your computer won't run the newer versions, you will be forced to buy a new one or try to run Chrome, Firefox or others.
Microsoft is seemingly wanting total control of your computers.

And there is a lot more hiding in the weeds .

Win 10 will have no IE . They are doing away with it .

I have got as of this morning a symbol at the bottom of my confuser that looks like a window and when putting the curser on it says get window 10. So what is the consensus, good thing or not?
Get a Mac and screw windows? Damn I hate change!!!!!!!!!

Daris

I have two laptops, one with W7, one with W8.1. I have not got a notice on either one. I would probably upgrade the 8.1 to W 10, but not the W7. Just my personal preference.

10 is going to be a lot better then any of those .

I would wait to do the upgrade . it is still in betta , and there are a lot of questions of how and if how long it is going to be free .

Daris did you get rid of the PC inspector infection ?

10 is going to be a lot better then any of those .

I would wait to do the upgrade . it is still in betta , and there are a lot of questions of how and if how long it is going to be free .

Daris did you get rid of the PC inspector infection ?

not yet. I have been out of town and want to print the destructions so I can read as I go. It is only on my traveling computer with vista.

Daris

This came from someone who already has W10

"The problem I have had with two different builds now is just keeping the thing running. Start menu, Cortana, and desktop tiles all quit working and it's impossible to get them restarted. I read loads of discussions on this problem throughout several builds. Microsoft apparently still hasn't fixed it in 10031 or whatever the latest build is. I am tired of wasting my time on it. Might try whatever they have cranked out in a month from now."

Sounds like typical Microsoft.

Said they were still in Beta. Still a lot of bugs in it .

And from what i hear 10 is only going to be out for one year .

Latest posts

Back