Well, someone painted the town last night.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
They painted it white, cool white and it's still wet. Probably because they painted it 3 1/2 inches thick instead of zero to 1/2 inch thick like they were supposed to. My view of painters has soured considerably.
Tonight and tomorrow night it's gonna get painted cold and slippery. I'm not a fan of these new high tech coatings. :rolleyes:

Supposed to get white here tonight.
There are better colors tho............ such as gray (pavement)
Temps are 34 now nearing the noon hour and it's melting enough for me to go out to measure up a job that will be ready Monday.
I'm more worried about the roads if it doesn't warm up much today then freezes hard tonight and tomorrow night and doesn't warm up much during the day time. They don't have a fleet of plows around here, mainly just sand the main roads and sharp corners.
The Oregon California border on Interstate 5 was closed late last night and it's not open yet. That shut down everyone including the truckers. I'm sure the highway department is working hard on that one. The border.......... I just checked and it's open but very slow going Lots of fender benders along I-5 overnight and so far today even 200 miles north of the border. Interstate 5 is 70 miles east of me, but even here on the coast there have been road closures and crashes. Schools are closed because it just isn't safe. Too many rural roads for the buses to navigate. Our normal weather is wet not white.

If we 6" or less, things just go on as normal. No one really pays attention except the out-of-towners.

My wife did buy me a snow blower, she thinks I am too old to shovel snow anymore. It is still in the box.

Too many little hills around here. Nobody is ready for winter driving here and nobody buys studded tires that might be needed for 1 to 10 days per year. No snow plows in town, just city dump trucks to shovel snow from. County trucks spread sand, but only on county roads, not in town. Kids that ride the buses may live 15 miles from town on small curvy roads and if it snows more during the day, which is also rare, you'd need to worry about getting the kids home and cutting of classes early if the weather changes. It's not worth dealing with the what if's since this doesn't happen often. Buses don't carry chains.

If we 6" or less, things just go on as normal. No one really pays attention except the out-of-towners.

My wife did buy me a snow blower, she thinks I am too old to shovel snow anymore. It is still in the box.
Still in the box. :eek: ..but it has an engine, and fumes and noise! 'cmon, give it a run! Ya might make a few bucks doing your neighbors driveways. cha ching! Rent-A-Rusty Snow Clearing Service.

They don't even sell studded tires here. We grew up with snow, we can drive in it. It usually takes 8" to cancel schools. The county does nothing to the roads, the city only cleans downtown.

9 here, high in the teens today, 9 tomorrow morning. Supposed to be 60 by Tuesday.

We got down to 22 and supposed to get to mid 40s. 22 is close to record setting for us.
Cold snap will be over so the rain can start again for the next 4 days. Now they are worried about the snow level rising and rain melting the snow, causing high river levels and possible flooding. That's probably all south of me and inland where the mountains are higher and snow is a lot deeper. Local mountains probably have less that 6 inches.
I'm gonna welcome the wet replacing the cold.

Snow , and cold here today and tomorrow. nothing much, just enough to annoy. you . I took the spreader out yesterday and covered the drive with rock salt .

hiver7.gif

Latest posts

Back