What adhesive would you use?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcduffy

Hello Everyone. New member here and I have a question about installing new carpet on the deck of my pontoon boat.

I have been a tile setter for 40 years so I should know the answer but, obviously, I'm not sure. I haven't done much carpet.

So.....the deck is plywood and it's in great shape. Deal is, I can NOT get the old carpet up! Should I just lay the new marine carpet with Roberts outdoor carpet adhesive? Will it stick to the old carpet?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer and Happy Friday!!

Don't do that. it would be a mess. The "under" carpet would remain soggy and would never bite properly. Take your time, use a razor blade with acetone or similar "glue eater" to remove the old carpet first.

When i removed the cpt from the cabin on my boat, I had to pull it up with pliers . A inch at a time .

Thanks everyone for your input. You all are telling me what I already knew. There is no easy way if I want to do it right. Guess I'll head out with my floor scraper.

Latest posts

Back