What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some stairs, I have a bottom step with rolled side and a top riser to finish. It's getting capped with stairnose. I'm gonna try to shim it at least a tiny bit flatter.
The guy that did the planks doesn't think very far ahead. He can to large jobs like this. Some guys specialize in gitter done. They leave the tail ends for some other guy. 🙄
The riser wasn't straight or parallel with the underlayment, so here's his attempt. ...no sawing, sanding, filling.......caring. 😞

Attachments

• IMG_20240611_170756251.jpg
    IMG_20240611_170756251.jpg
    3.6 MB
  • IMG_20240611_170820247.jpg
    IMG_20240611_170820247.jpg
    2.5 MB
  • IMG_20240611_171013369_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240611_171013369_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB
  • IMG_20240611_170010657.jpg
    IMG_20240611_170010657.jpg
    2.7 MB
  • IMG_20240611_170914082.jpg
    IMG_20240611_170914082.jpg
    3.2 MB
I used to be very tan and my hair was almost green from all the chlorine in the pool because I spent so much time in our pool when we lived in California. I'd get home, do homework and then go jump in the pool.

Long story short on my pressure switch problem- contact blew off and I ended up having to bring my friend out to replace it. I tried to do it myself but couldn't get the effing locknut off and I have less coordination than a monkey with parkinson's. Friend got it replaced and water runs but the new switch is acting up. Not sure what the problem is. Will have to diagnose later if the water goes out again. I'll have to check on the pump in the morning to see how things are going and hope water lasts through the night.

When Mom wakes up we need to look at cousin's son's registry and pick one of the gifts. I saw some tools on the list and I wanted to find better ones for him, but those were what he requested. LOL. Looks like he plans to do some drywall work.

Gonna do my Swarm killing dailies in Star Trek Fleet Command and then grab something to eat.

Did the rug tie the room together?

Water stopped working again. Jet pump was humming/buzzing but not pumping. Finally found the FB page for the well service and got in touch. Guy said he might be able to come out after a drilling job today but no promises.

Mewlatto has parked himself on me. Ginger just came over wanting attention and he's tolerating her. He doesn't like other cats. He hates the dogs. And he's somewhat indifferent to my brother and mother, but he loves me.

Florida is over run.
We have a glut of installers in my county , Grady country, fastest growing county in Merica right now but its impossible to find work

House of Floors in Sarasota is offering 240 a yard for carpet . 250 if you swap the pad out. Insane.

I got 5 a yard for no pad swap installs last year.

So I’ve finished up my Instagram page please give it a follow if you don’t mind I need attention- the good kind.

https://www.instagram.com/crosbyinstallation?igsh=cjd4cG95dzlsNGM5&utm_source=qr

Florida is over run.
We have a glut of installers in my county , Grady country, fastest growing county in Merica right now but its impossible to find work

House of Floors in Sarasota is offering 240 a yard for carpet . 250 if you swap the pad out. Insane.

So I’ve finished up my Instagram page please give it a follow if you don’t mind I need attention- the good kind.

https://www.instagram.com/crosbyinstallation?igsh=cjd4cG95dzlsNGM5&utm_source=qr
That sucks big time 😡 Do you have any career change options ?

That sucks big time 😡 Do you have any career change options ?
Well I’m sticking with the welding pardon the pun but I’ve also completed an exam to help my wife with her insurance agency as a fall back . I also just got invited to bid on 10000 feet in a church and got the start date on a decent welding job
It’s just that usually I can pick up houses and apartments in between my money jobs but that’s not happening right now, plus it’s vacation time

Florida is over run.

Ooh, I LOVE looking at pictures! Followed!
We don't have flooring installers in my area anymore. The old man who owned most of the town and businesses passed away so his flooring business shut down. My nice neighbor retired from flooring and now drives a school bus.

On the upside, my well system is fixed for now. It was my fault stuff wasn't right but if I'd been able to get a pro out sooner I wouldn't have made those mistakes. They came out today. Company is D&J. D was the father. J was James, the son and current owner. Found out his father passed away just before Thanksgiving last year and he now has employees working for him. Cost $300 (well, $275 but I didn't have change and told them to keep the extra $25 bc of the aggravation of working in a hot shed with mosquitoes and fittings blowin apart and spraying them hard. At least the sub panel breakers, the spigot on the tank tee, and pressure gauge came in handy. I think they accidentally burned up the new pressure switch we'd put on because the cover was off when water went everywhere stuff was still wet when they turned power back on and the switch sparked. But they aren't expensive and they had one on the truck. Couldn't be sure if it burned up before or after that though.

Pump had to be re-primed but I had a bucket of siphoned water and a funnel for that. Water is running but the kitchen sink faucet is dripping.

Currently cooling off with 3 fans blowing on me.

Still need go to samsclub to get more trash bags bc we ran out. Fun times. But, having running water feels so good!

Need to go clean the toilet in a bit.

Went to clean Mom's toilet but sediment and crud had clogged the fill valve. I've cleaned the fill valves before but couldn't remember how to take it apart so I watched a video. I only broke one piece of plastic off when the stupid thing was stuck and wouldn't turn. The strainer was filthy-- full of black chunky crud. I used an electric scrubber thingy to clean it, rinsed everything, ran water through the fill valve without the tube/strainer to clear stuff and make sure it flowed right. Put it back in and made sure water flowed properly with strainer back in, got it all together and then had trouble getting it to click back in to align for the float but eventually got it. I had to use pliers to get stuff apart (hence the broken plastic) but now it is working and I can clean my toilet-- fortunately, the fill valve in it is fine. Gonna put some cleaner in the bowl and take a shower. I normally take showers in the morning when I get up but my scalp is itching from needing a shower so badly.

I'll find a way to watch it if you watch this.
It's the Babylon Bee. They're talking about The Donald and trying, like myself, to understand why people don't just love the man.
They joke about him and his silly hand dance thingy and other stuff.
I'm currently up to the 28 minute mark and had to grab some tissues.
Watch at least from 25:20 to 28:00
It's about China, Chyna, ChInA, cHiNa 🤣

I'll find a way to watch it if you watch this.
It's the Babylon Bee. They're talking about The Donald and trying, like myself, to understand why people don't just love the man.
They joke about him and his silly hand dance thingy and other stuff.
I'm currently up to the 28 minute mark and had to grab some tissues.
Watch at least from 25:20 to 28:00
It's about China, Chyna, ChInA, cHiNa 🤣

I agree the teasing, dancing, and irreverent language about the opposition is funny and entertaining, but is it Presidential ? I grabbed the tissue box too 😢 😜 …..I’m still hoping the producers of the Jerry Springer show give him an offer he can’t refuse 😜

I woke up from my alarm this morning long enough to take my allergy meds and then rolled over to go back to sleep until after 5pm. Had tried using my computer but my vision was too blurry. Got leftover chinese food for Mom, fed kitties, refilled waterer, and have been watching videos on electrical. Change in electrical code in 2023 involving light switches and new devices now needing a neutral wire.

Interesting and good to know for the future. My friend apparently already wired stuff that way anyway.
Belated Father's Day to all the motherfuckers out there. :p Ok, to all the dads out there. I'm missing mine terribly.

Latest posts

Back