Why didn't you feel sorry leave enough expansion Gap?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the same thing about vented crawl spaces. The new way is as you’ve said, encapsulated and conditioned crawl spaces. However, unless you are prepared to totally seal and condition it, you’re best just leaving it vented with a vapor barrier down.
It truly depends on the climate. Wet climates, you are better to seal that puppy up, even un conditioned. I got ground cover and exposed foundation walls and I am typically under ambient humidity in the fall/winter/spring, also known as the rainy season on Vancouver island.

I read the same thing about vented crawl spaces. The new way is as you’ve said, encapsulated and conditioned crawl spaces. However, unless you are prepared to totally seal and condition it, you’re best just leaving it vented with a vapor barrier down.
Buy 1000 gallons of Flex Seal and a big MF pump and hose down the perimeter of the foundation and keep spraying till the dirt's covered a quarter inch thick
...I'm saying, hermetically sealed.

I saw a handful of houses in SC that pegged my moisture meter when I stuck the floor. They all had sandy soil and no vapor barrier in the crawl space. That was one of my pre install checks was to actually poke my head in the crawl space and document whether there was a vapor barrier or not. I also would check the joist size and span for L360 if I was doing tile. Had several jobs I had to walk away from. Pergo is the the only floor (floating) off the top of my head that actually calls out site conditions in their instructions

Having a vapor barrier in the crawl space and making sure your gutters are properly draining away from the house is the two simplest things one can do. I put those 10’ irrigation drainage pipes on my downspouts to direct the rainwater sufficiently away from my house. I read that up to 60% of the air in your house filters up through the crawl space. So unless you’re gonna go full bore and seal up n condition your crawl space, you’re best off just leaving it well ventilated.

Apparently John Denver had a nasty divorce. Chainsaw the couch in half nasty. Wonder if flex paste woulda helped patch up his marriage.

Latest posts

Back