You are bein tracked

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
When surfin............ even here, it's good to know who is tracking and cataloging your every click.
Download this site and select the 'businesses' that you want to block....................... which are ..........most (not all) of em. ;)
I think I have 130+ trackers blocked so far. News websites have trackers numbering over 16 per page visit.
Without a site like Ghostery, you don't have a clue as to how many people are watching and recording your every move.
If you don't already have a program like this one, download it now...... and be amazed.

http://www.ghostery.com/

The day will come when all babies have a chip implanted that allows them to be tracked. (If they don't already) Doesn't bother me if they track my computer use. Just hope they don't read my mind, they won't like what I think about them.:D

I always wondered why when I am looking at the latest threads the google ad up top always is a link to the Glock Forum.....disturbing isin't it? Maybe someones trying to tell me something.:confused:

I always wondered why when I am looking at the latest threads the google ad up top always is a link to the Glock Forum.....disturbing isn't it? Maybe someones trying to tell me something.:confused:

No, they are tellin ya to buy more of em before the next election in case something unthinkable happens such as a second term. :eek:

Most of those trackers are pretty much harmless, but it's kinda like having someone follow you to the store, then write down your license plate number (IP address), then follow you into the store, look over your shoulder and write down products that you look at or buy, ...........then follow you to the next store and to the same thing.
Not just today, but every time you go to town they are driving right behind you observing and cataloging your habits, purchases or interests...... how many gallons of fuel you use, and if you also used the rest room.......... and for how long.:eek: Who knows what else they are taking notes on.
You never see em doing it 'cause they're sneaky......
..........no, they're um.......... they're invisible, yeah, THAT's the ticket! invisible! :D
........... they might not know your name, but they may know your e-mail address. They know your habits and preferences and sell the data list of stuff they wrote down about you. I'm guessing they sell that data to other tracking firms and businesses and theoretically speaking, there might be a single data bank containing all of your internet habits.
That would be a bit unnerving if you ever saw it.

This website only has one and it's no big deal. It's a necessary thing for site hosts to earn some revenue to recoup their costs. .... but many other websites have lots and lots of trackers.
I wonder why any website would need 16 or 18 tracking agencies aboard.

I wonder if I started following one person around town every time they left their house and stood near by writing down where they went and what they looked at, who they talked to......... and then one day, they caught me doing it. If they asked me to stop, and I kept doing it, they'd probably call the cops and if I still kept doing it, they'd get a restraining order against me.
Is this scenario really any different than the way trackers work?

Last edited:
Is this going to raise my CPU usage? I already get warnings it's about to explode. :rolleyes:

What does "Show Bubble" do when you click on it? I see nothing different when I click on it.

Last edited:
Check the CTR , ALT , and Enter buttons .
Under Processes how many things are running in the background ?

My Gmail account apparently does not appreciate the little ghost. I have to click twice on my gmail account to get it to load. Then it takes forevah to load. :mad:

I will be terminating the ghost. :p

My Gmail account apparently does not appreciate the little ghost. I have to click twice on my gmail account to get it to load. Then it takes forevah to load. :mad:

I also had a problem with my g-mail so I dumped the ghost as well. I still have no idea what it was doing for me.

I also had a problem with my g-mail so I dumped the ghost as well. I still have no idea what it was doing for me.

My Gmail account apparently does not appreciate the little ghost. I have to click twice on my gmail account to get it to load. Then it takes forevah to load.

You guys ought to update to carbon fiber string for your Dixie cups.

How long is Forevah?

Ghostery does this:
Web Bug Blocking
Web bugs are the page elements - scripts, pixels, iframes, etc. that are normally "invisible" to the user. If this option is enabled, Ghostery will not only detect and notify about web bugs from companies in our library, but also block them if selected in the table below.

Cookie Protection
In most cases, blocking the web bugs will prevent companies from setting cookies in your browser. It is possible, however, for cookies to be set without using a web bug in our library. If cookie protection is enabled, Ghostery will prevent companies selected in the table from setting cookies in the browser. PLEASE NOTE: Cookies are used for many other functions besides simply tracking. Enabling cookie protection could cause unexpected browsing activity. We encourage Ghostery users to be selective about the use of the cookie protection feature.

Personally, I just don't like companies looking over my shoulder and recording my every move.
Theoretically, if just one of these companies managed to link your name and phone number to what you viewed, it would be accessible to whom? :confused:
Your boss, your future boss, your wife! :eek:

Here's what Ghosty shows you. This is just one news page showing 16 Companies it uses that track and record what you view and install bugs or cookies on your 'puter.

That company probably doesn't want you to know they are doing this................ well tough cookies. :p

Just so nobody gets in hot water, here's the news link from that image.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...lls-35-as-anti-Taliban-fighters-targeted.html

Printscreen of 16 trackers on UK news.jpg

It's much easier to just delet my cookies and all that other trash. Actually I can do that faster then it takes my gmail account to load up with the stupid little ghost screening everything.

Oh great, my uninstall said that it cannot delete everything about the ghost so I have to go in manually. Thanks Highup.

Last edited:
I had local law enforcement, the state cops, the FBI, the CIA and a few folks from NSA tracking my internet activities. I didn't know it but there are national and international labor organizations that represent pretty much all these kinds of workers. So when one after another of these guys started dropping dead from boredom their local Shop Stewards and Business agents petitioned the international union to renegotiate the contract with a specific exclusion for my personal internet activities.

So I don't really care what they do about the rest of youse guys.

Revo uninstaller is a good one .
Haven't used add and remove in years . make sure to click on the advance at the end to remove the rest of the files .
[ame]http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html[/ame]

Also check start > search > Ghostery > highlight > right click and delete .
I use spy-ware blaster myself .

[ame]http://download.cnet.com/SpywareBlaster/3000-8022_4-10196637.html[/ame]

Thanks Nick. I like thet Revo uninstaller. It loaded in a flash. But on a search it found no Ghostery files.

It's much easier to just delet my cookies and all that other trash. Actually I can do that faster then it takes my gmail account to load up with the stupid little ghost screening everything.

Oh great, my uninstall said that it cannot delete everything about the ghost so I have to go in manually. Thanks Highup.

Those are permanently blocked no matter what site you are on, so you don't get tracked in the first place....... and that's the point. It isn't a cleanup program.
Sorry bout you G-mail issue.
E-mail them and tell em about your issue.............either with it slowing you down or not being able to remove it.

Latest posts

Back