After guns, the will take away our trucks

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a Walther PPK .380 Funny you said that because before I purchased it I was researching and found Bonds favorite. They used others though.

This had always been my favorite back up weapon.... until I lost it in my divorce.

walther no ser num.jpg

A serious question that I posted on another forum.

The present system is actually working pretty good. Gun homicides have been declining yearly for 22 years. Overall gun violence is at a 40 year low. No one, I would hope, would think that any new law would affect criminals. By nature, they ignore laws anyway.
The guns always mentioned, the AR type, are rarely used in crime.
The mass shootings are done by terrorists or the mentally ill, neither of which will pay attention to gun laws.
So, other than confiscation, seriously, what do you gun control people want?

Some California restrictions

Here are answers to some of the more common questions and concerns that arose in interviews with gun owners.

Q: Do I have to get a permit to buy ammunition?

A: No. But under Senate Bill 1235 as of July 2019 you will need to pass a background check, which involves the vendor running your information through a California Department of Justice system to see if you are prohibited from owning guns (for example, because of a violent felony). If not, you should be clear to buy.

Q: What if I go hunting across state lines and buy ammo there?

A: Let’s say you travel to Oregon for some duck hunting and buy boxes of ammunition while outside of California. You can bring at most 50 rounds back in to the state. Any more than that and you could be hit with a misdemeanor.

Q: Who’s going to enforce that?

A: The same law enforcement agencies like sheriffs, police officers and Department of Justice agents who already enforce gun laws. For example, the department already works to intercept people who cannot own guns in California but try to get them across the border from other states.

Hunters might already be familiar with Department of Agriculture border checkpoints, which exist to ensure people aren’t bringing banned fruit and vegetables, illegally poached game or out-of-state afflictions like chronic wasting disease into California. There is no plan to set up new checkpoints to check whether people are bringing ammunition, but people could face questions about ammo at the agricultural stops.

If you are purchasing ammunition in California, going hunting in another state and then returning with more than 50 rounds, keep a record of the sale to establish it’s on the level.

Q: Can I give or sell my friends and family excess ammunition?

A: You can sell up to 50 rounds a month directly to immediate relatives and give as much as you want to friends or family. You cannot sell to a friend unless the transaction goes through a licensed ammunition dealer or you both are licensed hunters out on a hunt and you don’t sell more than 50 rounds a month.

Q: I own a gun with a detachable magazine. Am I breaking the law?

A: Two bills, Senate Bill 880 and Assembly Bill 1135, sought to close what law enforcement groups and gun control advocates call the “bullet-button” loophole. California law already prohibited assault weapons, defined as those with magazines that can be detached without disassembling the gun or using a tool.

But some gun owners reacted to that by employing so-called “bullet-button” devices that can quickly release spent magazines without running afoul of the ban, seeing as they allow users to eject magazines using tools like another magazine.

The new laws would, as of the start of 2017, ban the sale of semi-automatic, centerfire rifles or semi-automatic pistols that do not have a fixed magazine and also have one from a list of specific design features.

Q: So if I have an old gun that fits that definition, do I have to get rid of it?

A: Not if you bought it between 2001 and 2016. But you will need to register it with the California Department of Justice by the start of 2018. You can find a form online at https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/forms, and it should cost at most $20.

Both under the old and the new definition, to be banned for sale guns also need to have a characteristic from a list that includes things like a protruding pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, a folding stock, a flash suppressor or a grenade launcher. In other words, what are often referred to as “military-style” features.

So guns like hunting rifles with detachable magazines won’t necessarily be banned, as long as they don’t have one of those “military-style” design features the state uses to define assault weapons.

Q: My dad owns a semi-automatic with a detachable magazine that fits the new definition of an assault weapon. Will I be able to inherit it when he dies or buy it from him?

A: No. Unless he modifies the gun so it’s not longer classified as an assault weapon, that now counts as an illegal sale or transfer.

Q: My hunting company regularly lends customers guns. Is that now illegal?

A: No. Assembly Bill 1511 cracks down on loaning guns, with advocates arguing the practice serves to skirt background check requirements.

But an existing exemption for hunters remains in place, so hunting guides can still lend their customers firearms as part of their businesses if those customers have hunting licenses and only use the guns during the established hunting season.

Family members can lend one another guns provided it doesn’t happen that often: less than six times a year for handguns and, for other guns, if it’s “occasional and without regularity.”

Outside of that, you won’t be able to loan guns to others starting in January 2017.

Q: Some of the guns I use take magazines that carry more than 10 rounds. What do I do with them?

A: Senate Bill 1446 prohibits the possession of magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds as of July 2017. That expands on an existing state law barring the sale and import of such magazines.

So you might need to get rid of old high-volume magazines by destroying them, selling them to licensed gun dealers or handing them in to law enforcement. But, as with the bullet-button bills, there are some exceptions written in.

If you own a gun that only takes such large-capacity magazines, and bought it before the start of 2000, you can keep the magazines that go with it provided you only use them for that gun.

Q: I’m a competitive shooter and use guns with large-capacity magazines. Can I continue practicing my sport in California?

A: Some shooting competitions use guns that accept magazines larger than those California now prohibits. Participants have been able to get around that until now provided their magazines are old enough that they didn’t buy them before California outlawed sales of such magazines.

But now, if your gun can take a lower-capacity magazine, you have to use it while in California

What did you buy? I want something decent but small.

I thought I had posted that recently. Its a Ruger LCP. It's about the smallest out there. http://ruger.com/lcp It ran me $218.00. Then I got another 7 shot mag for it holster and couple boxes of ammo. I like rugers and have had good luck with them since I was 10 years old. Best part is they are manufacturered in Prescott AZ. So support Arizonans when purchasing a semi pistol. :)

Has a little kick to it. First time I saw one this dude that was an airforce search and rescue stationed here had one sticking out of his back pocket as he and his wife were heading out to bisbee az for some R&R.

http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_firearms

I've always wanted a walther ppk but yeah so expensive.

I thought I had posted that recently. Its a Ruger LCP. It's about the smallest out there. http://ruger.com/lcp It ran me $218.00. Then I got another 7 shot mag for it holster and couple boxes of ammo. I like rugers and have had good luck with them since I was 10 years old. Best part is they are manufacturered in Prescott AZ. So support Arizonans when purchasing a semi pistol. :)

Has a little kick to it. First time I saw one this dude that was an airforce search and rescue stationed here had one sticking out of his back pocket as he and his wife were heading out to bisbee az for some R&R.

Does it have the external hammer like the SR22 or an internal hammer? That is the reason the trigger pull on the SR22 is not good. You got a bargain, MSRP is over $400

I priced the Walther PPK, they ranged from $900.00 to $1,500.00

Does it have the external hammer like the SR22 or an internal hammer? That is the reason the trigger pull on the SR22 is not good. You got a bargain, MSRP is over $400

http://ruger.com/lcp

No saftey and internal hammer but not a pin fire. Trigger pull is stiff, a little long but thats the safety if your carrying chambered and why wouldnt ya.

Last edited:
Don't know how many know it, but after Hurricane Katrina, the police went door-to-door and confiscated guns by force.

"In the years that followed, New Orleans officials were unrepentant. In a 2006 interview with local radio station WWL, New Orleans Superintendent Warren Riley said, “During a circumstance like that, we cannot allow people to walk the street carrying guns…as law enforcement officers we will confiscate the weapon if a person is walking down the street and they may be arrested.”

And even though the gun grab was illegal, he was never arrested and the citizens did not get their guns returned.

Don't know how many know it, but after Hurricane Katrina, the police went door-to-door and confiscated guns by force.

"In the years that followed, New Orleans officials were unrepentant. In a 2006 interview with local radio station WWL, New Orleans Superintendent Warren Riley said, “During a circumstance like that, we cannot allow people to walk the street carrying guns…as law enforcement officers we will confiscate the weapon if a person is walking down the street and they may be arrested.”

And even though the gun grab was illegal, he was never arrested and the citizens did not get their guns returned.

That whole situation was a clusterf***. The corrupt mayor told people to stay and not evacuate, then blamed the governor. Then he later got arrested for something (I think stealing money). People of New Orleans were getting screwed from all angles. Insurance refusing to pay, fake contractors taking money, looters, children kidnapped, pets stolen, cops taking the guns, etc.

That's pretty much par for the course in Louisiana. The cops do all sorts of illegal stuff here. There is a cop high up in the local police force who "allegedly" sells drugs and only arrests people who get drugs from a different seller or people who are in competition with him. A lot of drug evidence vanishes from the evidence room on a regular basis.

They probably likened it to civil forfeiture (which allows cops to confiscate money that they suspect is being used for a crime and never return it).
http://priceonomics.com/how-police-officers-seize-cash-from-innocent/

I, against my brothers will, :D turned the remote to the convention coverage tonight.
All speakers mentioned gun control in one way or another. Guns kill people................. get used to it. :(
It's not your fault ......it's them dern guns.

Drugs kill people too! Maybe we should make them illegal and it will stop! Oh wait... :p

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the convention coverage for either party. Both sides piss me off.

It's like Alien vs Predator. No matter who wins, we lose.

New gun regulations by executive order

"The upshot is that DDTC is labeling commercial gunsmiths as “manufacturers” for performing relatively simple work such as threading a barrel or fabricating a small custom part for an older firearm. Under the AECA, “manufactures” are required to register with DDTC at significant expense or risk onerous criminal penalties. "

"These requirements apply, even if the business does not, and does not intend to, export any defense article. Moreover, under ITAR, “only one occasion of manufacturing … a defense article” is necessary for a commercial entity to be considered “engaged in the business” and therefore subject to the regime’s requirements."

For example, DDTC generally labels procedures that involve cutting, drilling, or machining of an existing firearm in order to improve its accuracy or operation or to change its caliber as “manufacturing,” even if they do not create a new and distinct firearm. This includes threading a muzzle for a muzzle brake or blueprinting that requires machining of a barrel.

On the other hand, DDTC contends that gunsmithing includes only very simple procedures, such as the one-for-one drop-in replacement of parts that do not require cutting, drilling, or machining for installation. But even then, if the parts “improve the accuracy, caliber, or other aspects of firearm operation,” “manufacturing” may occur. Finishing treatments for firearms generally are not considered manufacturing under the guidance, nor are cosmetic flourishes such as engraving. Meanwhile the mounting of a scope that involves the machining of new dovetails or the drilling and tapping of holes may or not be “manufacturing,” depending on whether the scope improves the accuracy of the firearm beyond its prior configuration. "

so basically if you mount a scope, you're altering the gun and making it more accurate, so you're now breaking the law unless you pay a ridiculous amount of money ($2,250 per year) to be certified as a manufacturer.

or maybe not, it's ambiguous at best!

*sigh*
All that means is that people will report someone they don't like as a "manufacturer" to get them into trouble even when it isn't true. And then there are people who just won't comply anyway. Because basically it is a way to force gun owners who modify their own weapons to have to register. It's just another way to get money and screw people.

It won't do jack squat to reduce the number of firearms that are held by people who don't have them legally.

As a brief aside, when my father was a teenager, he had this total miserable cow of a neighbor who for some reason hated him. She used to do the equivalent of SWATting. She constantly called the cops to report him for stuff that didn't happen. She once called the cops and said he was in his basement selling drugs. He wasn't even home. He was at work. Cops swarmed the basement and found it empty.

I also wonder what other things they will change-- and what the rules are on loaning guns to people.

I started thinking about that today because yesterday a friend of mine was approached by a man she didn't know. He appeared to be high as f*** on something. He went and knocked on her door and first asked if she would pay him to mow the lawn. She said she'd have to ask her boyfriend since it was up to him and the guy asked her to get her boyfriend. She said he wasn't available so the guy asked to come inside. She said "No" because she didn't know him. He then asked if her breasts were real and asked her what time she goes to sleep. She shut the door and called the cops, but she was worried he might come back (and the cops here suck) so someone said they would loan her a gun just in case. They aren't allowed to have pets there so they can't have a big scary dog.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back