Agggggghhhhh!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
I keep getting this message "USB Device not Recognized" The only device plugged in is my wireless mouse and it is working fine. I tried a wired mouse and another wireless mouse, same thing. I tried moving them to different ports and it keeps showing the same port as the one with the bad device. I rebooted, no change. The notification is getting annoying. Any way to shut off the notification? Running W7.

I keep getting this message "USB Device not Recognized" The only device plugged in is my wireless mouse and it is working fine. I tried a wired mouse and another wireless mouse, same thing. I tried moving them to different ports and it keeps showing the same port as the one with the bad device. I rebooted, no change. The notification is getting annoying. Any way to shut off the notification? Running W7.

Sledge hammer will work to shut it off. I know what you mean Rusty, I'm the most frustrated SOB when it comes to computers.

Daris

Welcome . I would just Go into device manager and remove all USB stuff, and only then reboot.That should clear up that mess.

Make sure to unplug it for a few minutes before you reboot . This will clear the issue off the micro processor on the motherboard . When you reboot it will reinstall the drivers for the ports .

Does the device work on a different port ?

We may be dealing with a bad USB drive .

What brand of confuser ? Laptop, or Desktop ?

Dell laptop. The only device connected is my wireless mouse which is working fine. No matter which port I put it in, the original port shows as having the bad device even when nothing is plugged into it. I assume it's a hardware problem. Everything works fine, but the constant notification is just annoying. The mouse works fine when connected to the supposed bad port. I have tried two different wireless mice and one wired mouse and it is the same result.

Latest posts

Back