Ammo Down?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
From the looks of all the emails I'm getting from various ammo supply sites the sales are on. Not sure about the brick n mortar stores though.
Wondering how low it's gonna go.
Even the ones that sell guns might be hurting as I heard they were all stocked up waiting for Hillary to win. Some may go down to rock bottom to try and recoup the bad investment. :)

The night of the election, my wife stopped at Academy and bought 22LR for $2.49 box (50) limit 10 boxes. We have around 4,000 rounds of 22LR and 500 rounds of 380s. Don't know that I will buy any for a while.

Problem is, you will need all 4,000 .22 rounds to take down just one determined guy. :D

Speaking of...my son gave me a Glock 19 (9mm) so I could shoot fun and cheap. I loved it so much I ended up buying a few thousand rounds. Well, last week he took the gun back and converted it to a .22 caliber. Now, I have 3,000 rounds of 9mm and no gun to shoot it with!

Problem is, you will need all 4,000 .22 rounds to take down just one determined guy. :D

Speaking of...my son gave me a Glock 19 (9mm) so I could shoot fun and cheap. I loved it so much I ended up buying a few thousand rounds. Well, last week he took the gun back and converted it to a .22 caliber. Now, I have 3,000 rounds of 9mm and no gun to shoot it with!
.......so I guess that means you're gonna have to by him a Glock 19. :D

I really want a carbine again. I had an M1 .30 cal with a few bannana mags. Back in those days you could buy cases of loose military surplus rounds dirt cheap. Its a good sized round and a step up from your 9mm.

I would be happy to have my old Marlin single shot 22 back. It was sold by Sears in the 40s I think. I loaned it out in the 80s, never saw it again. Shot many a rabbit with that when I was in elementary school in the 50s.

Wow, that is alot of money. Nice thing is it folds down to dang nearly a pistol. My havasu neighbor has a Jimco Class A race buggy and has a pistol grip collapsible shotgun taped to his roll bar, along with 6 OO buckshot rounds. I guess for when he races in Mexico?

Wow, that is alot of money. Nice thing is it folds down to dang nearly a pistol. My havasu neighbor has a Jimco Class A race buggy and has a pistol grip collapsible shotgun taped to his roll bar, along with 6 OO buckshot rounds. I guess for when he races in Mexico?

He better not go to mexico with a gun or a single round can get you years in prison. Only criminals can have guns there.

Yeah, maybe you are correct but I've been deep down into Mexico and had my .45 by my side. It has been 20 or so years ago, and wouldn't recommend it these days...

Ok, "going deep" has many meanings. But i get it.

I was reading the fine print on California's new ammo laws. Effective July, 2017, upLULA speed loaders or any revolver speedy loaders can only be purchased with a background check, just like ammo. This law is to goddarn stupid.

BTW, went to Costco to buy 4 more ammo boxes. I get to the register and the checkstand guy shouted that he needed the manager. I asked "what for" and he said it was because I was buying ammo cans. I said it was for my sewing kit ;) and he said it didn't matter, he still needed the manager to approve of the purchase. I am really pissed off at this flippin LIBERAL state.

Here it is. On page 269 deep inside the California voter pamphlet....

(b) As used in subdivision (a) of Section 30305 and in
Section 30306, “ammunition” includes, but is not limited
to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed loader,
autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a
firearm with a deadly consequence. “Ammunition” does
not include blanks.

oooookay

15170998_1226117194114945_6738927527764319887_n.jpg

My neighbor returned to Costco today and bought three more ammo boxes. Once again, as he passed through the checkstand, the checker yelled "we need a manager here." The manager had to use his key to unlock the register, as the checker opened all the boxes to verify there was nothing stuffed inside. Neighbor said "why are you doing this" and the checker just shrugged his shoulders.

Latest posts

Back