Any body home?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Just wondering if the site is still up and running. There haven't been any posts for 2 days now. Makes for easy reading but I do read every post that hits here even if it don't pertain to my field of expertise.
Well if nothing else the weather here has been rainy for the last 2 days. How's yours??

Daris

Did you feel the earthquake? My cousin said they just had a 5.3 in Southern Calif.

Cats and dogs here........ wind/gusts/rain. Same forecast for 2 weeks ........that's bout it.

Made me an inset on my saw table to hold my old Craftsman router. I need to rig up a decent adjustable fence, but a temporary fence made slick work of a small molding project. I made it fit snug and it stays in place without screws. When done, the plate and router lifts out of the table so can insert my Makita table saw or just use it as a cutting table.
Well, that's my show and tell for the week.

DSC00915 Router insert set up 800.jpg

DSC00916 Router insert set on table 800.jpg

Cats and dogs here........ wind/gusts/rain. Same forecast for 2 weeks ........that's bout it.

Made me an inset on my saw table to hold my old Craftsman router. I need to rig up a decent adjustable fence, but a temporary fence made slick work of a small molding project. I made it fit snug and it stays in place without screws. When done, the plate and router lifts out of the table so can insert my Makita table saw or just use it as a cutting table.
Well, that's my show and tell for the week.

Why not rig it so you can use the fence from your table saw?

Daris

Why not rig it so you can use the fence from your table saw?

Daris
That might work, but I inset the router base with the intention of running material from right to left along the length of the table to better support longer materials.
All I'd need to do is make a straight arm and screw the left side to the table top. Adjustment would be on the right side and held down with a C clamp.
The left side of the fence should really be made so it is adjustable.............. I'm still working on designing that part.
I want it simple since I rarely need router. Maybe I will use it more often if this new creation functions easy.

Router table layout.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back