Bluetooth

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Is Bluetooth a required "brand" when a product says 'Bluetooth enabled'
What I'm asking is, when a product says Bluetooth enabled, does that mean that only Bluetooth brand products can be used? ..........or has Bluetooth become a generic name like Kleenex?
I ask, because as you know I live in the modern stone age, and I've upgraded my phone slightly........ yup, it's $40 LG flip phone with a camera (I'm movin' on up.... to the east side) ;)

It has Bluetooth, and I suppose I could use that to send a photo to my PC. My PC doesn't have Bluetooth............ so what do I need? Just a Bluetooth thingy that I plug into the computer's USB port? ...........or do I need more than that?
Are there other products other than Bluetooth that perform the same function?

I guess that part of what I'm asking, is do I need to install some hardware in the computer, or do I just need one of those things you plug into the USB port.
I'm not looking to connect the TV, printer, and scanner using Bluetooth............ just to download photos from the camera.
A friend of mine let me use a Belkin USB thingy when I took my computer to his place to update some programs. That was for his wireless internet connection. I'm don't understand if that thing has any relationship to a Bluetooth device? .......or is it one?:eek:

Last edited:
'course you didn't. I just posted it.
I need somethig that will work with XP.
Sort of unrelated, but a while back, I tried using a 3.0 flash drive and it didn't work on my computer. I have 2.0 I'm hoping that a Bluetooth USB device will be compatible.

Sometimes, mixing technology can be a mess. I have a very expensive Canon digital camera, but it's old. It takes a 2gb sd card. All the cards you can buy now are 2GBHD. They won't work. One of these days, the two cards I have will die and the camera will be worthless.

Sometimes, mixing technology can be a mess. I have a very expensive Canon digital camera, but it's old. It takes a 2gb sd card. All the cards you can buy now are 2GBHD. They won't work. One of these days, the two cards I have will die and the camera will be worthless.

Wanna buy $4000 worth of 35mm film camera real cheap? :D

Don't see it . see the Azio BTD-V201 USB Micro Bluetooth Adapter, Class 1, V2.1 + EDR.

Has longer range ,Difference in speed to name a few .

The price on that unit was 53 bucks........... I figured it must me something special. The one you linked to showed 733 reviews, with a pretty high rating.
I've been trying to set up my email on the phone......... what a pain with the minuscule operational data that LG has on line.
I must me getting close to getting it right, because I tried to send a photo to my email account.
................and I just got an email from the Microsoft Account Team............ it's titled. "unusual account sign in activity"
I'm ready to go back to envelopes and stamps. :eek:

I still use them.

Refuse to get one of those smart phones.

Spend to much time fixing confusers as it is . :)

This phone is about as dumb as you can get these days. I didn't even want a camera, but that's not possible these days. Since it has one, I figure I'd learn how to use it.
Here's the image I finally got........... One wooden nickel if you can guess what this is for. Just a test, and not up to my usual par. :D
I was sent an old 1.2mp camera many, many years ago when at that other flooring forum. Picture quality was a whole lot better than with this 1.3mp phone.............. photo quality looks like I hit it with an oil paint filter in photoshop. :rolleyes:

1126151322-00.jpg filtered900.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty decent, beats spending hours trying to describe and draw stuff.
I can draw faster than I can take and download a photo to my confuzer............ and besides, the image quality is sooooo much better. :D

That's a Mooring buoy, Send the nickle . ;)

How come there are 4 of them being used for dredging the bay's channel?
There's a pair of them 1000 feet above and I believe also below the dredging barge.
The barge lowers steel piling into the mud to anchor itself while operating.

...........my own guess is that these are there as locators as to where the dredging has been done and where they need relocate or position the crane/dredge barge next.
If these were anchors or mooring bouys, a ship couldn't pass over their lines.

..............not saying your wrong.
.....but a nickle these days is a big chunk of change to toss out if I'm right. :D And I do mean 'If' 'cause I don't know fer sure.
Corps of Engineers ships usually dredges the channel............. sometimes its a crane, a barge and tug boat in this upper part of the bay.

Dredge 800 with bouys.jpg

Last edited:
I shoulda thunk that bet out.
... just typed in 'mooring buoy'.
I suppose the tug boat doesn't sit there idling for a couple hours as the barge gets filled.
.........they attach to the buoy? :eek:

I'll PM you my address .:D

You forget i had a boat for years , and one of the things you had to know in a chart plotting course was all the freaking Buoy's.

Latest posts

Back