Who's peein' on my shop vac?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
OK, now that I have you're attention.......... :D
Bought a couple of cctv security type video cameras at a garage sale for $5. ..................actually two camera's plus two sets of 18 meters of brand new cable for them.
They are the outdoor type and were used at a storage locker facility across the street from the guy I bought them from. I'm betting they are black and white, not color. One has 42 LED's so that's a plus.
If I can hook em up to my monitor or a small flat screen TV, I'll be able to see who's cat is peein on everything in my carport. :mad:
I was told by the seller that I can hook them directly to a TV like he did. The cables I bought from him connect to the camera just fine. The connection is a secure locking BNC connector on both ends.

I'm trying to find out what adapter is made to connect the other end of the BNC cables to a flat screen tv, or my actual PC monitor if possible. I'm wondering if I had a BNC to usb connector if I'd need some sort of program installed on my computer to just view the video feed from the camera.......... live video, not for recording.
It's just a camera that I snagged, no recorder additional devices or installation disk for a PC.

http://www.epricesource.com/savvytech-sv-ap5340-1000tvl-aptina-camera-2-8-12mm-lens-42leds-110feet/

If I can't use it, the lens might be strong enough to burn some ants, so no real loss.:) I saw it, had to buy it.

Here's a link to a place that sells an adapter cable for PC/computer use. I assume it has the camera to PC connection smarts and possibly an installation CD. If it is like what I just said, do I still need a program or a CD from the camera manufacturer?

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. My neighbor just gave me 8 security cameras which are 1080 version, since he purchased a 4k security system. (doesn't understand that unless he gets a 4k television, he is still only viewing 1080!) Anyway, his DVR box is dead. this is what is used to record, playback and accepts the BNC cables. You also have a power cord you need to deal with. With a security system DVR box, you can input through the BNC, then output through a HDMI cable directly to your TV.

Game cameras are great, but only lasts awhile on battery. I hear you can go solar, but in any event, you have to pull the SD card to view what critters walked by the camera, and that is a royal pain in the tail.

I like my Ring too. It works everywhere you can get a signal on your phone, even in Peru.
Driveway sensors are cool too.

Its a motion detector Nick. Rings a chime in the house when something walks or drives by it. You can hook several together.

Latest posts

Back