California contract signing process

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaeljftsmith

Hello everyone! I'm looking for help... especially from installers in California. So I just got my contractors license and I went on a bid and they accepted my quote. So now is the contract signing. I'm not sure of the process. My contracts have the 3/5 day right to cancel, 3/5 day cancellation notice, the arbitration notice and mechanics lien warning. Is there any specific order these need to be signed or tips anyone can give me on this process? This part is all new to me and I don't wanna show up with this contract and look like an idiot or like I have no clue what I'm doing. Appreciate any help, thanks in advance. 😎

Sounds like you're way ahead of most of the guys out there. All I can tell you is the Mechanics Lien is required. Without that you have no recourse after the fact. The State of California doesn't dictate to you otherwise how to structure the contracts. It's just needed to record the terms negotiated whatever they are. I've seen long, detailed contracts and very clear and CONCISE ones. I prefer the concise contract. Less is better in other words.

Latest posts

Back