Can't find Dns

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom

Hey Nick, I have an Asus small laptop that has.Win 10. One this trip it will connect to my phone hotspot, but will not connect to Web. I am getting cannot find Dns.

Do you have any ideas what I could kick to fix it?

Thanks, Angie

Nick. When you get back can you tell how to get winsock on the laptop if it will not acknowledge connection to Internet via WiFi? Thanks Angie/Phantom.

If you have your laptop with you Angie , You can download it to a flash drive and run it from that . If Not Follow the directions below. Let me know if this does it for you .

From the cmd prompt Type one at a time .

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

netshintip set DNS

netshwinsock reset

And since Her DNS server maybe down.

Change to the google dns servers.

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format...tps://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Hi Nick. You should see me. Laptop open to see.passwird files. 10 inch tablet ready to use apps or Chrome and typing this by cell phone app. And I'll try to follow your instructions.

Did you run the command lines to flush the DNS, and reset it ? They should fix it .
Nothing in the posts that will help.

What tablit do you have ? some have a USB Port .

You can also try unplugging the modem from the wall outlet for 30 seconds , and recycle it .

This last link told me how to get to the command prompt. And other things to try. I'll try them later this morning. I'll report when I know more.

Ok, check the date and time on the confuser to , Wrong date could be a cause
To. If you have to change it you will have to go into the Bios .

I'll post instructions if need be .

Hands-Fingers-Crossed.jpg

The battery went down, almost as if the battery has gone dead as it is not showing charging as it is plugged in.

But, the old desktop screen came back. The forums are showing up, and even the password file is working again. I changed from Chrome to Firefox. I'll check Chrome again in a bit.

But, that's the status for this evening.

Now Chrome and Firefox are working okay. Only thing now is that it's not charging. That's a relative, no problem.

He's still being kept sedated as gets agitated with the mucus build up and the breathing equipment when he starts coming out of sedation. He does seem to be recognizing his brother's voice and mom's voice when they talk to him, and if not sedated much he can open his eyes. So still critical and stable. Next will be a move from private hospital to ICU at VA in St. Louis. We hope they don't have a bed so he can stay where he is.

The battery went down, almost as if the battery has gone dead as it is not showing charging as it is plugged in.

But, the old desktop screen came back. The forums are showing up, and even the password file is working again. I changed from Chrome to Firefox. I'll check Chrome again in a bit.

But, that's the status for this evening.

Great news . I'm working on a laptop with a corrupt SSL security Certificate .
Confuser won't Handshake with the server on certain sites .

Latest posts

Back