Can't open Win Live Mail

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darol Wester

Professional
Pro
This started a month or so ago. Every so often, WLM won't open. I found that doing a restart fixes it, but it's happening 2-3 times a week now and gets to be a PITA. I found this fix, but don't know where to go to find this folder. Any one know a fix for this?

1. Look at the log files, located here: C:\Users\(MY-USERNAME)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WLSetup\Logs

They all seemed to start OK but then hang at the same place. The last line in the log file said "Cert :00000900 (06/29/2012 20:12:10.094) Verifying signature of file=[C:\Users\__USERNAME__\AppData\Local\Windows Live\.cache\LOO5rDp5hbmHg5sboPPgQ2mUlhc=]..."

2. Delete the whole C:\Users\(MY-USERNAME)\AppData\Local\Windows Live\.cache folder. Restarted the PC and Live Mail is "Live" again!

Been having the same problem Darol. It was slow before because of me being on dialup.
I could load up the page (eventually) and all looked fine. Problem was, the page was dead. I couldn't click open anything. My problem became daily and I couldn't open anything.
Glad it isn't just me. :D Kidding........
I ended up switching back to the basic, or simple version. It works, but if I try to forward an e-mail, the autofill doesn't work if I start typing in somebody's name. :mad:
Before switching to the basic mode, I logged out of outlook/live and logged into my MSN outlook account (can't be logged into both at the same time)
I tried to change the setting there first........... Somehow during the process of "authenticating my identity", the computer connection dropped two times. I guess MSN didn't like that.............. I can't get into my MSN mail until January 9th. I guess I have been subjected to a waiting period. :mad:

Last edited:
I had windows live and used it for a bunch of years. After my computer crashed and they put in a new mother board it wasn't the same. After 6 days it deleted every email that was on there. I'm on gmail now and hate it. When the switch was done I lost all my contacts. So all my email friends that I used to email that is why you aren't getting any.

Daris

I had trouble with Windows Live as it would not forward photos from emails which I received It just sent a red X
Also I am certain Windows Live deletes your emails from the ISP server without any kinda warning
I Pads seem to have trouble getting my emails
I changed to back to Outlook

For the record Darol, mine is officially shows as "Outlook Live.com" and you have Windows Live. Same issues. Probably for at least a month now and got progressively worse.

Last edited:
For good reading.......
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#...s+live+stopped+functioning&btnK=Google+Search
Windows Live Mail stops responding or does not start if you have Intel integrated graphics driver Igdkmd32.sys (32-bit) / Igdkmd64.sys (64-bit) versions 8.15.10.2104 through 8.15.10.2141 installed. We have found these drivers to experience compatibility issues with some applications that use Direct2D (D2D). For example, if you use these drivers, Windows Live Mail may stop responding after you install Update 2454826.

Last edited:
Type "Wlarp" into search (without the quotes of course) then press enter>repair all WLE programs.

If that don't work ,

AppData folder is Hidden by default.

click start. click your name at top of right pane. click Tools. Folder

options View tab- check Show hidden files, folders and drives- OK

Now AppData should be visible. Let me know how you make out .

Latest posts

Back