carpet sales

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Stopped in the local lumberyard today. Only place in the county that is really cash and carry. They don't have an installer. The salesman told me it had been 6 weeks since he sold any carpet. Said he has sold a little laminate and a little ceramic tile, but not really much of those either.

Theres a job in the http://www.careerbuilder.com/ today for a carpet/flooring installer, job estimater etc for a fire/water restoration company here. I shot them off my resume.

Actually, there are hundreds of jobs out here and even on craigslist. The economy is picking up. Don't listen to the hype.

There is nothing in this part of the country. One of my neighbors put in 28 applications over the last month and hasn't even got an interview. Even the fast food places are laying off. As far as flooring goes, there are 2 full line stores here and both have 2-3 days a week for their installers. I know there is work in some areas, but there is nothing here.

It's scary... no one has money to do anything anymore for there homes. Alot of people are renting homes instead of buying or going into apartments.
I wish I could do flooring & tile for a living but it just doesn't cut it anymore trying to get business.
I do more laminate jobs then tile just because no one has money.

Floorist said:
Our home has been paid for since '99. We have been considering selling and renting. Taxes and maintenance is getting to be too expensive.

The taxes are insane! My sister inlaw had to sell there home to rent a home.

ive been 6 or 7 days a week for a few months now---i thought it would slow down after sept 1 but im booking into october----there is work but you have to consider relocating---i think it might take a decade for the overbuilt areas ---vegas florida arizona--to make a comeback---i even measured a new house the other day---a new house--wow----my main account is looking for another crew but none of them can pass a background check

So far this year, exactly 50% of the inspections I've been on were new construction.

I've seen trac home people putting up houses out here. Not all entire tracs but also some fill in on old tracs. Plus a few customs going up. But I tend to stray away from getting hooked up with those guys anymore. Just to much bullshyt to put up with.

And as I've said before, you can't judge the economy by whats happening out in farm world. Farming is just to seasonal and as we have seen recently, subject to mother nature.

Floorist said:
My sister-in-law lives in Phoenix and has been job hunting for months.

My grandparents are retired but live in phoenix. That's funny there is nothing but strip malls at every traffic light way to busy for me but nice to visit.

If your going to be anywhere looking for a job, Phoenix might be the best place in the US. It's a couple million people and lots of huge corporations there.

What job are ya looking for? http://phoenix.craigslist.org/jjj/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the bay area in CA and my business is booming. I'm hiring because I'm too booked out and people are going elsewhere.

Yeah, that place is like stair world! All I did was stairs out there, but I covered them with carpet back in those days. I ruined many a staircase with tackstrips. And hardwoods floors with borders. I told people they were nuts!:D

Latest posts

Back