Coffee prices

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I've been buyin' Folgers for years. I don't have a clue, but for a long time I was thinkin' that my coffee consumption had increased a lot. My habit don't change much.
I just tonight, noticed an old plastic "can" of Folgers was shorter by a little bit............. 30 cups less according to the label, and at the same price as the old (larger) container was.
Now it's hitting home. I noticed for months that coffee prices were reduced or on sale a lot and almost everywhere.
I have also noticed that coffee prices have jumped back up............. global warming? :rolleyes: Probably not.
Hmmmm... Reduce the amount of coffee in the can, then reduce the price a little bit. Then wait a while, and slowly raise the price to where it was earlier.
They did that with candy bars decades ago. They did it with ice cream too. They don't reduce the size/volume enough that you notice it easily. They don't announce it either. ...sneaky bastards. :mad:
Who makes a good cheap, strong cup-O-Joe? Folgers just lost a customer.
I'd complain to them, but you need to agree to their lengthy disclaimer agreement.
http://www.mouseprint.org/2015/08/24/here-we-downsize-again-2015-part-3/

Last edited:
They all do it. You won't find anything on the grocery shelves that hasn't played that game for years besides the stuff they can't hide like a GALLON of milk and a dozen eggs.

Jack Van Impe must be right............ the end is near, glory, hallelujah! . :eek:
Rusty, the air in the bag protects the chips and keeps you from receiving a bag full of potato dust. Not (quite) as deceptive as it looks. ;)

I was brought up on Folgers Coffee for all my life. I received a coffee grinder as a gag gift a few years ago, so I bought a huge bag of coffee beans from Sam's Club. After giving them a quick grind, I've now realized that I have been missing out with what real coffee tastes like. Since coffee beans are price regulated, they don't go up in price as your Folgers, Yuban or other brand ground coffees. Give it a shot. You'll love it.

I have done that, but not in a volume like you probably get from SAMS Club. The only kind we seem to have around here is at a couple of grocery stores and about $6 per pound and in different flavors. I'll have to check at the local restaurant supply and see how small of a bag or package they have.

Last edited:
The stores around here use to have the grinder right in the store where the coffee is , Don't know now Wan Valdez drops my coffee off at the house . :)

It IS my breakfast. :D
Folgers reasoning to reduce the can size is:
"with smaller sizes allowing consumers to rotate their favorite varieties more easily, all while staying within a certain budget."
Um........... they already have a smaller can size. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back