Commercial Grade Carpet Tiles

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Commercial carpet tile also known as modular carpet offers many advantages. It's easy to install and easy to clean. If you get a tough stain, just pop out the tile and clean it in a sink.
Or, you can replace one tile - not the whole room. Because it's modular, you can even mix and match carpet tile colors and patterns to create your own unique look.
Tile can be installed in a variety of ways from monolithic, to complementary, to mix-and-match.

Last edited:
Is there a spec for Mannington floor tiles that says how to properly install the carpet tiles? I've seen the one that Matworks has and it suggested turning the tiles or placing them at random. How do you install the carpet tiles by Mannington?

Hi,

This are the tips on how to install mannington carpet tiles.
Mannington carpet tiles should be left in the room to acclimate for 24 hours before installation. They can be installed over virtually any subfloor or floor covering except for sheet vinyl or carpet. All subfloors should be dry and clean. To allow the carpet adhesive to work properly, the floor should be kept at 70 degrees F or higher for at least 24 hours before the carpet is installed.

hope it really help you....

I'm not an installer but I do need to know this stuff so when my installers ask me I can at least sound like I know what I'm talking about, thanks again!

I'm not an installer but I do need to know this stuff so when my installers ask me I can at least sound like I know what I'm talking about, thanks again!

If that was so,you can do more if you want it to do..

In Australia, we lay carpet tiles loosely, meaning NO gluing.
The point to a carpet tile is the advantage of being able to remove and replace.

You can’t do that if they are glued down.

In Australia, we lay carpet tiles loosely, meaning NO gluing.
The point to a carpet tile is the advantage of being able to remove and replace.

You can’t do that if they are glued down.

In NZ we import a lot of tiles from Australia including the adhesive. The adhesive for carpet tiles doesnt permently glue it to the floor it is releasable so you can remove and replace a soiled tile and is there mainly to stop the tiles from moving around. :D

its pressure sensitive glue it comes up easy;)

That's ONLY if the glue is allowed to fully set up. Laying carpet tiles into wet pressure sensitive defeats the purpose (and huge expense) of the pressure sensitive. I've seen carpet tiles laid in wet glue that are as hard to demo as VCT or rubber back from the olden days.

Do carpet tiles work on walls?

Yes they do using contact adhesive.
Interface make some good carpet tiles.
We always use a carpet tile tackifier adhesive which once applied leaves the floor just tacky enough to hold the tiles in place but not permanently bonding them.

That's ONLY if the glue is allowed to fully set up. Laying carpet tiles into wet pressure sensitive defeats the purpose (and huge expense) of the pressure sensitive. I've seen carpet tiles laid in wet glue that are as hard to demo as VCT or rubber back from the olden days.

been there!!!! makes fur an looong f'ing day and sore back!!;)

Latest posts

Back