Cookin' da books, NOAA style

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see it clearly with my third eye. Actually, I kinda like my third eye. I
Name the top 20 nuclear power plant disasters and how many people died because of radiation............ Oh wait....... there aren't 20, ....or 10, .....or 5 or?

Well here is one where plenty of people died.

Last edited by a moderator:
if one pays attention to the deforestation of the amazon, it correlates directly with global CO2 increase...it is the world's largest CO2 filter..

if one pays attention to the deforestation of the amazon, it correlates directly with global CO2 increase...it is the world's largest CO2 filter..
Deforestation is a topic that is 30 years old.
You are comparing millions of years in historical time data or changes to justify data that is in reality barely 5 seconds old. Any influence mankind has made in the past 50 or 100 years has zero effect on how hot my back yard gets in mid summer.
Ski areas are open in Oregon quite early this year, giving the ski industry a needed boost. I recall they did good last year too .....due to global warming.
:rolleyes:
Global warming topics usually go silent when "normal" occurs, then get noisy when a wild fire happens.

You are comparing millions of years in historical time data or changes to justify data that is in reality barely 5 seconds old i reality. Any influence mankind has made in the past 50 or 100 years has zero effect on how hot my back yard gets in mid summer.
Ski areas are open in Oregon way early this year, giving the ski industry a needed boost. I recall they did good last year too .....due to global warming. :rolleyes:
Global warming topics usually go silent when "normal" occurs, then get noisy when a wild fire happens like it did this summer.
My theory is that Sh-t happens. I don't lose sleep over theories. (short time data)
If we had access to the same high tech data recordings over the past 100,000+ years and used that as an example, we'd have something important to chat about. 20 years of super accurate data , 50 years of accurate data, and 200 years of somewhat accurate data is barely good enough for making a theory............. go back 15,000 years and tell me within .7 degrees what the temperature was in Zimbabwe on November 20th ay high noon.
..........then get back to me. :D

You are comparing millions of years in historical time data or changes to justify data that is in reality barely 5 seconds old i reality. Any influence mankind has made in the past 50 or 100 years has zero effect on how hot my back yard gets in mid summer.
Ski areas are open in Oregon way early this year, giving the ski industry a needed boost. I recall they did good last year too .....due to global warming. :rolleyes:
Global warming topics usually go silent when "normal" occurs, then get noisy when a wild fire happens like it did this summer.
My theory is that Sh-t happens. I don't lose sleep over theories. (short time data)
If we had access to the same high tech data recordings over the past 100,000+ years and used that as an example, we'd have something important to chat about. 20 years of super accurate data , 50 years of accurate data, and 200 years of somewhat accurate data is barely good enough for making a theory............. go back 15,000 years and tell me within .7 degrees what the temperature was in Zimbabwe on November 20th ay high noon.
..........then get back to me. :D

So how many areas of the earth were desert vs forested back then if deforestation does not matter?

So how many areas of the earth were desert vs forested back then if deforestation does not matter?
How many forests were in North America during the previous ice ages?
We had woolly mammoths and mastodons in Oregon. Sabre tooth tigers too. Were those forest creatures?

Last edited:
In that case.............. I have no clue.
So how much?
Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
As far as a comparisons go..
I drove to the store, which directly correlated with me having dinner last night.
............amazing! :p

In Oregon we plant 10 new trees for every tree cut, so we're doing our part. ;)

Did anyone see that China has been making these small towers that collect carbon emissions and make them in to jewelry? It's been cleaning up the air rather nicely-- according to facebook videos at least. LOL. Interesting.

Did anyone see that China has been making these small towers that collect carbon emissions and make them in to jewelry? It's been cleaning up the air rather nicely-- according to facebook videos at least. LOL. Interesting.
I'd like to have a machine that makes diamonds from the carbon on my spark plugs. :D

Latest posts

Back