Cookin' da books, NOAA style

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Jon still has his cat?

You mean this one waiting to pull everything off the coffee table cause I will not get its laser light for her to chase? :D

CAT.jpg

Tie a string to the laser and pin it to the ceiling acting like a pendulum , then give it a spin like you would a tether ball. The cat will be happy and you can go back to what you were doing for 10 minutes.
Don't tie the string to a ceiling fan or your pictures, lamps and window coverings will be on the floor same as the desk stuff. :D

Tie a string to the laser and pin it to the ceiling acting like a pendulum , then give it a spin like you would a tether ball. The cat will be happy and you can go back to what you were doing for 10 minutes.
Don't tie the string to a ceiling fan or your pictures, lamps and window coverings will be on the floor same as the desk stuff. :D

Nah
You wanna see a cat go stupid?
Hang up a mirror ball
Don't forget I used to run discos so we had a couple of mirror balls :D

Nah
You wanna see a cat go stupid?
Hang up a mirror ball
Don't forget I used to run discos so we had a couple of mirror balls :D

That's awesome!
I have one cat that is basically the troll of the group. Likes to swat and chase other cats when they go by. His name is Mewlatto. Another cat named Predicate wanted to come in to my room but saw Mewlatto was in the path. I heard a noise and saw Predicate climbing up the door trim inside my room all the way to the top, then he wiggled a bit and jumped 5ft to a box and zipped over to me so he could avoid Mewlatto. I imagined Mission Impossible theme music in my head while he was doing it. LOL.

Nothing that he claimed would happen by now in the first movie has happened.
(He did use the profits from the first movie to spend $8.6 million on a beachfront house. In spite of the fact that he said ocean levels would rise by a couple feet)

Two feet by this time and date??? :D
.........and he still keeps saying stuff like that???
.........and people still believe the garbage that he spews???
.........that makes me worry about mankind's continuing existence.
...not going by the way of the dinosaur, but from excessive stupidity and drama.
I got better things to concentrate on.......
.......how come it gets dark every night? Not most nights, but every single night of the year since I can remember. Boggles the mind doesn't it? :D

I can't stand Al Gore. He is such a blow hard. I still remember him losing a debate to Dan Quayle. Even my ultra-liberal history teacher who used to make fun of how stupid he thought Quayle was said that Quayle clearly won. And he was impressed with the snappy comeback that made even the moderator snort with laughter. Gore was all red in the face and starting to sputter. Quayle comes out with "Calm down, Al. *Inhale*" I thought that Gore was going to have an apoplexy.

I still think it is a travesty that Al Gore got the Nobel peace price for his predictions of global warming while they shafted Irena Sendler- who saved 2,500 Polish Jews from the holocaust. She smuggled children out in suitcases, rolled blankets, and carts-- at great risk to herself. At one point she was caught and the Nazis beat her and broke both her legs and arms. She was far more deserving of the award than that hypocrite Gore.

I can't stand Al Gore. He is such a blow hard. I still remember him losing a debate to Dan Quayle. Even my ultra-liberal history teacher who used to make fun of how stupid he thought Quayle was said that Quayle clearly won. And he was impressed with the snappy comeback that made even the moderator snort with laughter. Gore was all red in the face and starting to sputter. Quayle comes out with "Calm down, Al. *Inhale*" I thought that Gore was going to have an apoplexy.

I still think it is a travesty that Al Gore got the Nobel peace price for his predictions of global warming while they shafted Irena Sendler- who saved 2,500 Polish Jews from the holocaust. She smuggled children out in suitcases, rolled blankets, and carts-- at great risk to herself. At one point she was caught and the Nazis beat her and broke both her legs and arms. She was far more deserving of the award than that hypocrite Gore.

Mighty Mouse was more deserving of a Nobel award than Gore. I totally lost any respect for that organization when they gave him that award. They need to be unbiased, and they are not.

That's what one of my senators told me in an email. He's not well. Never has been.
...on the bright side , he's consistent and predictable.

.......and the earth was warming slightly then too......... just like it has been since the last ice age. I'm pretty happy that Oregon doesn't still have 5 miles of ice covering it.

There were bigger ones in the 1800s.
Remember that consensus stuff... the results are in... the earth is warming?
Well, there is another consensus that goes under reported. OK, never reported.
http://www.history.com/topics/ice-age
An ice age is a period of colder global temperatures that features recurring glacial expansion across the Earth’s surface. Capable of lasting hundreds of millions of years, these periods are interspersed with regular warmer interglacial intervals in which at least one major ice sheet is present. Earth is currently in the midst of an ice age, as the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets remain intact despite moderate temperatures.

Along with solar radiation levels, it is believed that global warming and cooling is connected to plate tectonic activity. The shifting of the Earth’s plates creates large-scale changes to continental masses, which impacts ocean and atmospheric currents, and triggers volcanic activity that releases carbon dioxide into the air.

Last edited:
I stumbled across this on Youtube and thought it was interesting. According to this scientist who worked for NASA, there *is* a form of global warming and humans are contributing to some of it, BUT the global warming models and projections are being greatly exaggerated AND some of the predictions are based on faulty logic.

I will say that while he says that solar and wind can't provide the world with enough energy, currently, I do think it is worth trying to improve alternative sources of energy so that we can move away from things that contribute, just to lessen our contributions, and move toward "cleaner" energy. If we keep researching it, hopefully there will be new innovations and those methods will end up being effective enough. There are also ways to limit at least our contributions to pollution, even if we can't make China comply. But, people don't need to be so smug and rude about it (on either side of the issue).

I hope I'm making sense. I'm half asleep right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back