Cookin' da books, NOAA style

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the date

FB_IMG_1497390154705.jpg

I love graphs. To believe rocket trajectory graphs, you need to believe in warming, believe it's mostly human caused, believe we can control and set back the thermostat and reduce the temperature of the entire earth.
As you can see from my graph, the earth is warming....... which means extended growing seasons and less need for coal burned during the heating season.. If the earth gets slightly warmer, that means more moisture in the air, which turns into rainwater for the plants in the fields. My glass is 1/2 full. ;)

1-temperature-projectionsmygraph600.jpg

Since the majority of the major networks are liberal, I noticed how they were absolutely merciless in picking apart everything Bush Jr did. Like, they made big deals about him talking about asparagus when he was in Germany. They didn't realize he was making a joke. They accused him of orchestrating 911. But 911 happened in part because Clinton appointed Doris Meissner as Commissioner of INS and she crippled enforcement, had the rule books destroyed, and ordered them to have a mass exodus of immigrants without screening/vetting them first. The screening was done retroactively. The hijackers were among the people allowed in.
This wasn't the first time we had a screw up like that-- Carter ordered them to open the borders to the Marianas boat people and Castro opened up the insane asylums and prisons and shipped them over to the US. They ended up rioting and holding hostages at two different prisons simultaneously back in the late 80s. One of the prisons was where my father worked and they burned down the INS office (bc the builders violated the rules and didn't put in a sprinkler system bc the warden said it would be too expensive) and BOP employees left the doors open and unlocked when fleeing from the inmates. It didn't help that the idiot who designed the place (whom I met very briefly) had giant rocks the size of baseballls put out as decorations/landscaping just outside the windows. I got to tour the facility before it was open to inmates. Mom actually said out loud "What moron put rocks here so they can smash the windows?" and said moron cleared his throat because he was right next to her.

Now, one thing Bush screwed up on was to reneg on all of the agreements that Clinton made to help federal employees & boost morale. He did a lot of assbackwards things that caused a lot of problems. One of those things was with the reorg-- they essentially fired people and made them reapply for their jobs at lower pay rates and screwed up their time-in-grade. Also just flat out eliminated essential personnel and appointed a fracking moron as immigration commissioner-- James Ziglar. Dude didn't know that Customs was under Department of Treasury (before reorg-- INS was Department of Justice) or that Puerto Rico was part of the US. He mouthed off about wanting to deport all the Puerto Ricans and almost fired INS agents over mistakes made by Customs. He also ordered one man border stations to stay open 24/7 but refused to authorize additional personnel. It was a total cluster****. Meissner was still worse. She was actually opposed to us having INS in the first place. She thought we should just open our borders. Sort of like how Trump has appointed some people who are opposed to the things of which they are in charge.

Anyway, I do agree that there is a LOT of crap that they focus on and make a big deal about where Trump is concerned. Fox did it with every little thing about Obama or Democrats and in turn the liberal newsmedia bites on everything from Melania's clothes, to her parents moving in, etc. Stuff that is really a non-issue. They focus more on Trump's physical features and what he says on Twitter than on more concerning things-- such as the findings about the Russian hacking of the polls. But of course the DNC/Hillary won't push about it because I'm fairly certain she had some hacking done to beat out Bernie. She's a scumbag too-- even more than the press will ever admit. Trump was right that she is nasty. Secret Service members hate her (although they absolutely adore Laura Bush and they really like Obama and Michelle).

However, Trump is one of those over-the-top people who has led by example by lying and using hyperbole-- making big deals out of nothing and so forth. I may be wrong, but I honestly think he and his whole crew are guilty of colluding with the Russians. The recent hearing with Sessions just makes it look even more suspect. Man, was that an embarrassment to the American justice system.

Sorry for the off-topic rant... LOL.

So really what you mean is politicians are all hypocrite criminals?

They're nearly 100% lawyers in the higher levels. So in reality the way our justice system is designed they understand their roles as ADVOCATES--------moreso than a sense of loyalty as representatives of the people (who vote).

Being chained to a political party ensures they SERVE those who control the higher interests of that partisan organization. In what counts (to me) there isn't enough difference between a Republican or a Democrat for me to be able to cast a vote for ANYONE who is aligned with the two-party system with notable exceptions. It is obviously in my interest to support the party that ostensibly represents the unions. Of coarse that has become an insulting farce, so extreme I couldn't vote for Democrats in most of the "choices" the two-party system structured for me as of late.

Frankly, I give up. I doubt I will ever vote again. It only encourages them. I think the best thing we could do as citizens with respect for the Constitution is to refuse to participate.

THAT would really make a difference. The fact that 100M+ voters support the two party system in every presidential election cycle is undeniable legitimacy for their authority to govern.

Let's just put an end to THAT.

See how that plays out.

Hillary or Trump?

BLECHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're nearly 100% lawyers in the higher levels. So in reality the way our justice system is designed they understand their roles as ADVOCATES--------moreso than a sense of loyalty as representatives of the people (who vote).

Being chained to a political party ensures they SERVE those who control the higher interests of that partisan organization. In what counts (to me) there isn't enough difference between a Republican or a Democrat for me to be able to cast a vote for ANYONE who is aligned with the two-party system with notable exceptions. It is obviously in my interest to support the party that ostensibly represents the unions. Of coarse that has become an insulting farce, so extreme I couldn't vote for Democrats in most of the "choices" the two-party system structured for me as of late.

Frankly, I give up. I doubt I will ever vote again. It only encourages them. I think the best thing we could do as citizens with respect for the Constitution is to refuse to participate.

THAT would really make a difference. The fact that 100M+ voters support the two party system in every presidential election cycle is undeniable legitimacy for their authority to govern.

Let's just put an end to THAT.

See how that plays out.

Hillary or Trump?

BLECHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dog would have been a better choice.

However, Trump is one of those over-the-top people who has led by example by lying and using hyperbole-- making big deals out of nothing and so forth. I may be wrong, but I honestly think he and his whole crew are guilty of colluding with the Russians. The recent hearing with Sessions just makes it look even more suspect. Man, was that an embarrassment to the American justice system.

Sorry for the off-topic rant... LOL.
We're all good with the off topic and even with disagreeing....... We're all ranting about the situation, not anything personal, so we're all OK. It's just chitter chatter.
I'm still trying to understand the collusion. I am 100% lost on that issue.
I mean what was "colluded"? When was it done? Who was involved? and what was the actual crime? I understand not liking the guy, but this entire thing looks like a waste of FBI resources on a witch hunt. I mean, 6 months and they still have no end date or charges? I think the FBI needs some more efficient people if this is all they can do.
Russians hacked into, tho successfully, to the US voting system. Did Sessions and Trump, Trumps son in law and his election staffers show the Russians the US general computer election system code to make it easier to hack into our system.
I honestly just don't understand the collusion issue at all. What was done?

My dog would have been a better choice.
Goofy?

Don't blame me, i voted for the stoner.
Woodie? :D

Incognito, I understand the urge not to vote, but if you don't participate then it doesn't help your situation. I almost didn't vote. Ended up voting 3rd party though. But it made no difference because of the electoral college. So long as people think their votes won't count, they don't vote. And as long as people don't vote for third party because they think they will never win, then the 3rd party people never will win. But if enough people decide to take a chance and vote for a 3rd party, it could happen. Just not very likely though.

Highup, from what I understand of the situation, they think that Trump's people (and possibly Trump himself) made agreements with Russia and encouraged the hacking/poll tampering. There is some suggestion that they not only knew about it, but that they condoned it. One of the Republicans (can't remember which one) commented that he believed Trump was actually on Putin's payroll. If any members of Trump's party had knowledge of poll altering hacking or worse, actually condoned/requested it-- perhaps by making agreements to cut sanctions or make other deals-- then it is a crime.
Right now what Trump is being investigated for is obstruction of justice. The suggestion is that he knew that the polls were hacked and that members of his staff colluded with the Russians and that he realized if it came out that there could be serious repercussions-- such as requiring another election if they can prove that votes were altered by the hackers. Trump firing the person handling the investigation in an attempt to stop the investigation didn't pass the smell test. It looks suspicious.

If the president of the united states is in cahoots with a hostile country and is willing to sacrifice US interests and Democracy to appease or work with Putin, then we have a serious problem.

Although, I'm more concerned about Trump reneging on a bunch of the things he said he would do (or not do). Allowing the banks to run amok is just bad for the economy. Cutting funding to essential programs-- Medicare, Social Security, etc will be devastating. He's making bad decisions. That doesn't make him a criminal though.

I think Hillary is extremely corrupt. Bill made deals with China that should not have been made- but to my knowledge he never gave military secrets to non-allied governments. And Trump reportedly blabbed military secrets directly to Putin and it even fouled an operation bc Putin turned around and warned Syria.

"It is impossible to conclude that recent years have been the warmest ever because climate scientists have continually adjusted global surface temperature readings upward, a new study says.

The readings by scientists in recent years “are totally inconsistent with published and credible U.S. and other temperature data,” according to the study published last month by Dr. James P. Wallace III, Dr. Joseph S. D’Aleo, and Dr. Craig D. Idso.

reviewed study sought to validate current surface temperature datasets managed by NASA, NOAA and the UK’s Met Office, all of which make adjustments to raw thermometer readings, The Daily Caller noted in a July 5 report.

“The conclusive findings of this research are that the three [global average surface temperature] data sets are not a valid representation of reality,” the study found. “In fact, the magnitude of their historical data adjustments, that removed their cyclical temperature patterns, are totally inconsistent with published and credible U.S. and other temperature data.”

Based on these results, the study’s authors claim the science underpinning the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) authority to regulate greenhouse gases “is invalidated.”

The study found that nearly all surface temperature warming adjustments resulted in cooling past temperatures and warming more current records, increasing the warming trend.

“Nearly all of the warming they are now showing are in the adjustments,” D’Aleo, a meteorologist and study co-author, told the Daily Caller. “Each dataset pushed down the 1940s warming and pushed up the current warming.”

“You would think that when you make adjustments you’d sometimes get warming and sometimes get cooling. That’s almost never happened,” said D’Aleo.

Their study found measurements “nearly always exhibited a steeper warming linear trend over its entire history,” which was “nearly always accomplished by systematically removing the previously existing cyclical temperature pattern.”

The Daily Caller noted that the new study will be included in petitions by conservative groups to the EPA to reconsider the 2009 endangerment finding, which gave the agency its legal authority to regulate carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases."

Major cities in AZ like Phoenix and Tucson moved their thermometers to a cooler shady place so it won't look so hot to visitors and people who may want to move here.

Yeah, its easily a 5 degree difference. So are the studies skewed that floorest posted about? Most likely if every city is following suit.
So when Phoenix says their high was 118 it was really 123°

I don't read a lot, but when I do, it's fun stuff.
The state of solar energy is only slightly more promising. Recent findings suggest that humanity would need to cover an equatorial region the size of Spain with solar panels in order to generate enough electricity to meet global demand by 2030. Not only is this an enormous amount of land that could otherwise be used for agriculture, or left pristine, but it also underestimates the size of the ecological footprint, since only 20% of mankind's energy consumption takes the form of electricity. Were we to switch to electric vehicles, the area needed would be five times as large.

Even if the world agreed to take this project on, it would not be possible due to resource limitations. For example, each 1.8-square meter solar panel requires 20 grams of silver to build. Since there are 1 million square meters in a square kilometer, 11.1 tons of silver is needed per square kilometer of solar panels. Spain is 506,000 square kilometers. Covering this much space with solar panels would require 5,616,600 tons of silver. As it turns out, that is 7.2 times as much silver as is estimated to exist in Earth's crust. Granted, new technology could mitigate the need for silver, but this same logic applies to dozens of other minerals present in solar panels. They are simply not feasible on a large scale because they are resource-hungry.
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/07/wind_and_solar_energy_are_dead_ends.html

Hell we have that much desert here in Arid-Zona to cover the USA's thirst for power. Plus there is a nuke plant in Phoenix. AZ, NV, NM, CA has lots of empty desolate desert.
Take a look at some countries in europe that hardly use any fossil fuels. If they can do it so can we. Naysayers begone.

Hell we have that much desert here in Arid-Zona to cover the USA's thirst for power. Plus there is a nuke plant in Phoenix. AZ, NV, NM, CA has lots of empty desolate desert.
Take a look at some countries in europe that hardly use any fossil fuels. If they can do it so can we. Naysayers begone.
Spain is about the size of Utah and Nevada combined.
Try to get that large solar array past the environmentalists that want to save the desert flea. I recall Boxer or Pelosie that wouldn't allow a solar farm because it would endanger a turtle or toad of some sort...... (not in my back yard syndrome),
....and Kennedy nixing windmills (not in his back yard/ocean view)
You also can't transport that kind of power to all the states from those places.
Also, from that article.
For example, each 1.8-square meter solar panel requires 20 grams of silver to build. Since there are 1 million square meters in a square kilometer, 11.1 tons of silver is needed per square kilometer of solar panels. Spain is 506,000 square kilometers. Covering this much space with solar panels would require 5,616,600 tons of silver. As it turns out, that is 7.2 times as much silver as is estimated to exist in Earth's crust.

See the problem?
Even more substantial is this.
Renewable energy is the way of the future, we are told. It is inevitable. Some renewable energy advocates boldly claim that the world could be powered by renewable energy as early as 2030 – with enough government subsidies, that is. And of course, the mainstream media play their part, hyping up the virtues of solar and wind energy as the solution to climate change.

In one regard, they are quite right: in terms of generational capacity, wind and solar have grown by leaps and bounds in the last three decades (wind by 24.3% per year since 1990, solar by 46.2% per year since 1990). However, there are two questions worth asking: (i) are renewable energies making a difference, and (ii) are they sustainable?

To answer the first question: No, wind and solar energy have not made a dent in global energy consumption, despite their rapid growth. In fact, after thirty years of beefy government subsidies, wind power still meets just 0.46% of earth's total energy demands, according to data from the International Energy Agency (IEA). The data include not only electrical energy, but also energy consumed via liquid fuels for transportation, heating, cooking, etc. Solar generates even less energy. Even combined, the figures are minuscule: wind and solar energy together contribute less than 1% of Earth's energy output.
1% so far........... that's not even a start considering all the years it's been worked on.

Last edited:
Not to mention the price of computers, TVs I-phones going up drastically because of supply shortages of raw materials.
One must also remember that such massive investments in solar panels would inevitably contribute to resource scarcity: modern electronics require many of the same minerals as do solar panels. Increased competition for a finite supply of minerals would raise the prices of our electronic goods, as well as the price of electricity.

Latest posts

Back