Cookin' da books, NOAA style

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that claim "Bill Nye The Science guy" believes in global warming, so it must be true, his college degree is in mechanical engineering.

"The average temperature of the Earth has varied within a range of about 3°C during the past 3,000 years. It is currently increasing as the Earth recovers from a period that is known as the Little Ice Age...

While major green house gas H2O substantially warms the Earth, minor green house gases such as CO2 have little effect.... The 6-fold increase in hydrocarbon use since 1940 has had no noticeable effect on atmospheric temperature" ...

Lots of things they haven't told anyone.

They don't tell people that the average global temperatures during 7 of the last 8 Inter-Glacial Periods were warmer than the present Inter-Glacial Period.

They don't tell people that the last Inter-Glacial Period was 10.4°F to 15.3°F warmer than present.

They don't tell people that the absorption at 15 micrometers corresponds to a temperature of -112°F or -80°C.

They don't tell people that their flawed models have cool air causing the warming.

They don't tell people that their flawed models assume the Earth is flat and not a spheroid.

They don't tell people that CO2 is a lagging indicator and not a leading indicator, meaning CO2 increases as the Earth warms, rather than CO2 driving the warming.

They don't tell people that the Greenland Ice Sheet nearly melted completely during the last Inter-Glacial Period.

There's lots of things they don't tell people, but then they have to hide the facts from people in order to push their agenda.

Griffin is a no-talent idiot. But what about all the people who made pictures of Obama being lynched or called Michelle a monkey? There are not much better.
People are told to respect Trump because he is president, but the same people disrespected Obama for 8 years. I am an equal opportunity disliker. I did not like Obama and can't stand Trump.

Griffin is a no-talent idiot. But what about all the people who made pictures of Obama being lynched or called Michelle a monkey? There are not much better.
People are told to respect Trump because he is president, but the same people disrespected Obama for 8 years. I am an equal opportunity disliker. I did not like Obama and can't stand Trump.
Can you imagine if she did that with an Obama head.:eek::eek::eek:
There were a few so called "artists" that did posters or drawings of the Obama's that were on the sick side.... but it wasn't 75% of the news media and 98% of late night TV devoted to ripping Obama 24/7. No comparison whatsoever.

Don Rickles was funny, so was Joan Rivers... because they did insults as humor.
Their insults weren't meant to be mean, cruel, gross, disgusting....... and they weren't political. That's why they were funny.
Turn on any late night show and they aren't trying to be funny anymore. They are serious and that's why most of it isn't funny.
Gerald Ford tripped down some steps a few times to often. Remember Chevy Chase as Ford? There was some funny stuff back then...... brief humor, then the host went to another joke. Today, Trump jokes last 1/2 the show or at least 1/2 the monologue. Get's old, and the jokes aren't jokes.
When you know the host hates Trump, the humor isn't humor anymore. Letterman started the trend with Bush and Seth Meyers makes Letterman look tame. Colbert is funny... was funny. Heck, Seth Meyers can be funny.
Johnny Carson said it best. When you go political, you lose 1/2 your audience.
I wish they'd stop cheap shots and go back to the plain old humor we used to see on TV. Problem is, they'd have to hire some writers.
Remember Carson and Ed Ames with the tomahawk throwing competition? That's when late night was fun. Remember Carson and Jack Web doing the Copper clappers? It doesn't get any better than that. Late night and SNL used to be fun.
No, I'm not Trumps biggest fan......... he's an arrogant jerk. If he performs, I can ignore his personal traits. So far with the immigration issue and giving the finger to global limp wristed, snowflake, warmingmongers... he's batting 100% in my book.
If the past year of jokes were Obama jokes with the same nastiness and intensity, I wouldn't like that either........ I want some real late night humor like the good old days........... Dangerfield, Buddy Hacket, Carol Burnett, Tim Conway........... Carson did it the way it was meant to be done. He set the bar and set it high, and now the bar is on the floor.
......off my soap box. Thanks for letting me spew my hate. I feel better now.

Last edited:
We're not so far apart. Back to the global warming issue tho, Trump wins. He doesn't want to pollute. He's simply stopped the speed and insanity of the movement. If nothing happens treaty wise for another couple of years, the earth will never know it and nobody will die. The world isn't going to end in the next few years...... or 100 even if we do nothing.
Everyone needs to read Roy Spencer and get a grip on why the debate is not over..not even close. I wish someone would give him a soap box to show the other side of the coin.

I heard USA's share in the global warning money pot was $500 MILLION! How much you all want to bet it was the good ol' USA that was paying the lion share for this phony system?

I agree with what he did 100%. Jesus Christ, the oceans have warmed up, what, 1 degree in 200 years?

I heard USA's share in the global warning money pot was $500 MILLION! How much you all want to bet it was the good ol' USA that was paying the lion share for this phony system?

I agree with what he did 100%. Jesus Christ, the oceans have warmed up, what, 1 degree in 200 years?
Yea, but that's Celsius............ So that's like 45 degrees Fahrenheit, so we're all gonna die. :D

Last edited:
One cannot deny that humans can influence climate change in a few hundred years when we pour trillions of tons of pollution into the atmosphere along with extreme deforestation of the planet essentially speeding up earths natural cycle of climate change if there is such a thing.

And this douchebag works for oil companies. https://theintercept.com/2017/05/20...s-has-a-problem-with-science-and-with-voters/

Every climate model that they have used has turned out wrong.

One cannot deny that humans can influence climate change in a few hundred years when we pour trillions of tons of pollution into the atmosphere along with extreme deforestation of the planet essentially speeding up earths natural cycle of climate change if there is such a thing.

And this douchebag works for oil companies. https://theintercept.com/2017/05/20...s-has-a-problem-with-science-and-with-voters/

I can, and I'm human. :D
...now yes, ...we can pollute, that I cannot deny. Give a hoot, don't pollute! ;)

Every climate model that they have used has turned out wrong.
...and every one they used has been 'cooked' and tweaked to show what they want it to.
We haven't lost 3 mile deep glaciers in the past 30 or 40 years. Glaciers have retreated so quickly in the recent past when the mountains, and rocks started poking through. (warming was already happening) The rocks start showing through when the glaciers thinned out, and the more rocks show through the faster the melt. ...so it happens pretty fast (Rocks absorb more heat than snow Ernesto) ;)
The nasty coincidence is that this happened about the same time we got smart and invented electricity, cars and deodorant. :D

http://www.drroyspencer.com/

Last edited:
Fake science. Pollution deniers will kill us.

There's nothing wrong with getting off the fossil fuel wagon train. Pollution kills people, 200,000 people a year in the states alone are attributed to pollution.
China's pollution floats over here. So does Japan's fukashima radioactive waste.
Every day we find new wzys to store the Sun's energy.
The sun sends us 100 nuclear bombs worth of energy. Lets use it wisely and stop Exxon from ruining the earth.
Remember the exxon scientist that predicted this? Whose findings we quashed by exxon for years?
You can say this climate change is normal all day. But over thousands of years, and with humans around polluting the earth is the x factor no one can deny.

Fake science. Pollution deniers will kill us.

There's nothing wrong with getting off the fossil fuel wagon train. Pollution kills people, 200,000 people a year in the states alone are attributed to pollution.
China's pollution floats over here. So does Japan's fukashima radioactive waste.
Every day we find new wzys to store the Sun's energy.
The sun sends us 100 nuclear bombs worth of energy. Lets use it wisely and stop Exxon from ruining the earth.
Remember the exxon scientist that predicted this? Whose findings we quashed by exxon for years?
You can say this climate change is normal all day. But over thousands of years, and with humans around polluting the earth is the x factor no one can deny.

Pollution is when I accidentally forget to reinstall my oil drain plug before adding a quart and a half of new oil. Global warming is what happens after an ice age ends. :D
Nothing wrong with using the suns energy if it can be done at a price everyone can afford. That will happen more and more, but no need to until the price becomes attractive. Funny how industry does that sort of thing all by itself. If I was able to invent a solar collector 24 inches square and filled with sand and cork....... and it would power your entire home ....and sell em for $2500 a pop. ....I'd even buy one for myself. :D
When Barbara Boxer is pro solar, ....but not in her back yard (protect the desert tortoise)
When Ed Kennedy wants windmills........... but not in his backyard. (-$$$$ property value).
If it's not good enough for them, it's not good enough for me..... or the 10's of thousands of bats and eagles they kill every year creating "green" power.
I like green power. I just want it affordable, reliable...... and a 100% nuclear powered backup system when the sun and wind don't cooperate. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back