Cookin' da books, NOAA style

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago they admitted that they only added ethanol to gas for the farm vote. It takes more energy to produce ethanol than you get from burning it. It is a losing proposition. I read yesterday that it takes more energy to create a wind turbine than they get in a lifetime running one. all just feel-good and vote getting deals.

Years ago they admitted that they only added ethanol to gas for the farm vote. It takes more energy to produce ethanol than you get from burning it. It is a losing proposition. I read yesterday that it takes more energy to create a wind turbine than they get in a lifetime running one. all just feel-good and vote getting deals.
http://instituteforenergyresearch.org/analysis/the-hidden-costs-of-wind-power/
They don't mention maintaining the turbine or repairing it....... but I supose that's included in there somewhere. I'm sure replacing a bad bearing 400 feet in the air isn't a $100 part and a 2 hour repair.

I live relatively close to the biggest wind farm in California, which is near Palm Springs. I guess they have an entire crew of guys who maintain the thousands of wind generators. I know it is big business, but I know they really dropped off in production after the California solar tax breaks subsided.

Unfortunately, the hydroelectric plants kill millions of fish, the coal producers kill humans, the nuclear reactors kill everything in their path, and hell, even candles placed in a home kill thousands a year. Maybe we should just sit in the darkness and watch the eagles crap on our heads? ;)

That's what they want. :D
Everything has it's costs/benefits. If you believe human caused global warming means a rapid demise of life on earth, then your cost/benefit to a paticular power choice is going to be different than mine.

Every species that has lived on this planet before us has become extinct. Why should we be different?

We will. In the mean time, I want to hear 10,000 PH drag race engines, not electric ones. They are fast too, but the soothing 8 cylinder engine roar is well worth the heinous carbon footprint they lay on the track. :D Drinking beer and watching funny cars is much more fun than drinking ice tea and watching (not hearing) electric cars. (maybe they could clip playing cards to their wheels like we did on bicycle spokes as kids) :D

Last edited:

“By…[1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions.

Thats already happening and has been in africa for decades.

In January 1970, Life reported, “Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….”

Happens in china on a daily basis.

Some are far fetched, this guy is an extremist.

Your origional post s from Fox news. Need I say anything else when every country in the world recognizes that climate change is real and we as humans have a hand in it.

You can find American scientists who were offered money to be pro global warming, wonder how many in other countries were forced to believe that side?

Paris Accord

Not only does this deal subject our citizens to harsh economic restrictions, it fails to live up to our environmental ideals. As someone who cares deeply about the environment, which I do, I cannot in good conscience support a deal that punishes the United States -- which is what it does -– the world’s leader in environmental protection, while imposing no meaningful obligations on the world’s leading polluters.

For example, under the agreement, China will be able to increase these emissions by a staggering number of years -- 13. They can do whatever they want for 13 years. Not us. India makes its participation contingent on receiving billions and billions and billions of dollars in foreign aid from developed countries. There are many other examples. But the bottom line is that the Paris Accord is very unfair, at the highest level, to the United States.

Further, while the current agreement effectively blocks the development of clean coal in America -- which it does, and the mines are starting to open up. We’re having a big opening in two weeks. Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, so many places. A big opening of a brand-new mine. It’s unheard of. For many, many years, that hasn’t happened. They asked me if I’d go. I’m going to try.

China will be allowed to build hundreds of additional coal plants. So we can’t build the plants, but they can, according to this agreement. India will be allowed to double its coal production by 2020. Think of it: India can double their coal production. We’re supposed to get rid of ours. Even Europe is allowed to continue construction of coal plants.

In short, the agreement doesn’t eliminate coal jobs, it just transfers those jobs out of America and the United States, and ships them to foreign countries." "I’m willing to immediately work with Democratic leaders to either negotiate our way back into Paris, under the terms that are fair to the United States and its workers, or to negotiate a new deal that protects our country and its taxpayers. So if the obstructionists want to get together with me, let’s make them non-obstructionists. We will all sit down, and we will get back into the deal. And we’ll make it good, and we won’t be closing up our factories, and we won’t be losing our jobs. And we’ll sit down with the Democrats and all of the people that represent either the Paris Accord or something that we can do that's much better than the Paris Accord. And I think the people of our country will be thrilled, and I think then the people of the world will be thrilled. But until we do that, we're out of the agreement."
It reads to me that what he did is a good thing, and that they are working on a plan that is fair to all nations, not just all others.

You really thinks he cares about the country ? He did that for his shrinking base . Pulling out means there will be a high tariff put on our exports . Not good ..

http://instituteforenergyresearch.org/analysis/the-hidden-costs-of-wind-power/
They don't mention maintaining the turbine or repairing it....... but I supose that's included in there somewhere. I'm sure replacing a bad bearing 400 feet in the air isn't a $100 part and a 2 hour repair.

Hmmm, seems the institute works for the Koch brothers.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Energy_&_Environment_Legal_Institute#Disciplinary_Actions

Disciplinary Actions
2010 Montana Ruling
"During the 2010 elections, the Montana Commission of Political Practices found that the organization broke state campaign laws by failing to register as a political committee or report its donors and spending. The state suggested WTP/ATP was involved in corruption and money laundering. They found that it solicited unlimited contributions to support candidates and then passed them through a "sham organization," the Bozeman-based political action committee The Coalition for Energy and the Environment that ran attack ads against Democrats. WTP told corporations that it aimed to combat "radical environmentalists" and "beat them at their own game" and that their contributions would remain secret."[5]
Funding and IRS Status
American Tradition Institute was the dba name of the Western Tradition Institute 501(c)(3). Guidestar lists it as EIN #264239065, ruling date 07/2009. The IRS still reports the group with that EIN as being called the "Western Tradition Institute" as of March 2014, despite two intervening name changes.[15]

E&E Legal does not fully disclose its funders. However, the following list of its 2010 funders revealed by the Institute for Southern Studies:[16]

American Tradition Partnership (ATP, ATI's sister organization): $40,000
Atlas Economic Research Foundation: 5,000
Doug Lair: $5,000
Lair Family Foundation: $135,000
The Atlas Economic Research Foundation -- which received over $1 million in funding from Exxon Mobil between 1998 and 2011; $122,300 from the Koch foundations between 1997 and 2008; and $735,000 from the Pope Foundation between 1997 and 2008[17]

According to ATI's 2010 IRS Form 990, its personnel are all volunteers; whether some[18] are paid by ATI's sister 501(c)(4), Western Tradition Partnership, is unknown, as that group did not file a return with the IRS that year.[19] The group's 2012 Form 990 (which still, despite being filed in November 2013, lists the group as ATI despite the group's website stating that it had changed its name in September 2013) still lists no compensated employees, and "other salaries and wages" of only $8,830 for the year.[20]

There are two versions of its 2010 IRS Form 990 online, an original return by Scott Shires available on Guidestar and an amended return by another preparer available at the Institute for Southern Studies. The original return shows 30 volunteers and 1 independent director where the amended return shows 3 volunteers and 3 independent directors (although only one is named), and there are also other differences.

The ATI website's About page says that "ATI accepts no government grants, and our financial backing has to date primarily derived from a broad and growing base of grassroots contributors."[21] In 2010, $140k of its $186k of funding reportedly came from Doug Lair (whose family sold Lair Petroleum to William Koch in 1989)[4] and the Lair Family Foundation. (The remainder was $1k from memberships, $40k from the American Tradition Partnership, and $5k from Atlas Economic Research Foundation).[22]

You really thinks he cares about the country ? He did that for his shrinking base . Pulling out means there will be a high tariff put on our exports . Not good ..
I'm still waiting to see something he's done wrong. When something he does affects me personally in a negative way, then I'll view the arrogant jerk differently. :D
Attempting to stop illegal immigration by hiring more border patrol officers and attempting to fund the wall. That's bad? Ernesto's American Progress website refers to them as "unauthorized Immigrants" Wow.......... that's a new low.:rolleyes:
Trump is trying as he promised, to stop the illegal entry of those folks that are doing jobs Americans wont do........ like flooring, roofing, framing, sheetrock and tile work. ..and trying to reduce rape, illegal drugs, gangs other criminal activity, drains on the US social systems like hospitals, schools and costs for courts and jail space. Not to mention the people they have maimed and killed on the roads. We have legal migration system set up. Why not enforce the laws on the books? ....it's finally being done.
That alone puts him head over heals above his election competitor as far as caring about this country . We had two bad choice this election period. I voted for the one that didn't want coal miners to go homeless. He wants jobs to return to the USA and seems he's doing good on that too.
He's arrogant yes........... but until he does me wrong, I can't complain. I like the temporary travel ban, I loooooved the Paris speech. We can be plenty clean without being under control of dozens of other nations voting power and the financial drain is another issue. We're the worlds piggy bank.
My biggest beef with him so far is his stupid twitter rants........ childish. He needs to stop doing those.

Wanna watch and see the true cost of oil? This is how it all started

Last edited by a moderator:
temp

globaltemp.jpg

Latest posts

Back