darken current hardwood stain and add 2 rooms of unfinished oak.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen1236

Want to add unfinished oak floor to 2 rooms and sand rest of hardwood that is down and stain all hardwood a darker stain. What issues should I look out for? Should I remove wooden threshold between wood and carpeted room (no door between them) before i lay hardwood? Should I leave sanding and refinishing to pros? Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Stephen:

Want to add unfinished oak floor to 2 rooms and sand rest of hardwood that is down and stain all hardwood a darker stain. What issues should I look out for? Should I remove wooden threshold between wood and carpeted room (no door between them) before i lay hardwood? Should I leave sanding and refinishing to pros? Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Stephen:

I'd remove the threshold if possible and continue the hardwood from there if possible. As far as the staining goes I'd go with the pro. He is more apt to be able to get everything to match up. Same with the sanding.

Daris

spend a weekend or a couple nights/days if possible to learn who the professional hardwood sanding/refinishing/installing are near Jamison, PA.

see if you can get at least 3 estimates for the work

throw out the low bidder------VERY important

pick the guy you trust who can explain his processes, equipment, time frame, costs and how it will affect your access to the home in a manner that makes sense to you

when he does you'll understand why this isn't a DIY project

forgetaboutit

Latest posts

Back