Deb McBride

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Deb's handiwork

10612910_10152407977157358_4581718128677397359_n.jpg

Very nice. I've never done stairs like that.

You haven't???? Very time consuming but not all that difficult. I had to do a set similar to that in a golf club with a pattern in a waterfall method. Matched pattern on the straight areas. Had to go back and put white in on the risers as the stairway led to the bar. They thought it looked to much like a ramp and customers were falling down them. DUH! It was the bar up top on second level.
Deb you did a very nice job.

Daris

Last edited:
deb is a rock star ---ive always liked her a lot---im so happy to see the tailored look on stairs----waterfall makes me cringe----very nice work sweety

I'm impressed, and never knew of a female installer. And then doing that? that's really nice work.
Nick what do you mean by "sticking" the risers? Different lingo than out here surely.
I'd never try and waterfall anything like that, do people actually try on something like that?

I'm impressed, and never knew of a female installer. And then doing that? that's really nice work.
Nick what do you mean by "sticking" the risers? Different lingo than out here surely.
I'd never try and waterfall anything like that, do people actually try on something like that?

You put tackless on the treads and risers ,and chisel the cpt into the crotch .

You put tackless on the treads and risers ,and chisel the cpt into the crotch .

I was taught to put strip on riser to create a more even angle from crotch to next tread up on waterfall.
Sadly, cutting corners is something I have to do more of these days for the retail shops, so I don't add to riser anymore and 99% of their stairs are waterfall. Builders, different story, they pay my price and get contoured steps.

I was taught to put strip on riser to create a more even angle from crotch to next tread up on waterfall.
Sadly, cutting corners is something I have to do more of these days for the retail shops, so I don't add to riser anymore and 99% of their stairs are waterfall. Builders, different story, they pay my price and get contoured steps.

You put tackless on the treads and risers ,and chisel the cpt into the crotch is the proper way to do them . you also iron the stick on the riser with the end of your hammer .

Right that's what I do I'm a big stair tool guy, I use that to chisel with hammer to crotch then rub it onto strip. also use stair tool while stretching/kicking. My brother uses hammer tho. All my pants have a hole in back pocket from edge of stair tool poking its way thru. "Iron" it that's a new phrase for me too, you easterners...

I'm in NJ . 10 miles from South Phila where i grew up.

Get yourself a plastic stair tool for tucking . You'll thank me .

Latest posts

Back