Dewey wins!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is screaming? I think it is a healthy conversation on a current event that is on the minds of not only us Americans, but other countries such as Jon's country.

I think is is better than hear chirping crickets, but maybe you are right. I'll just suck it up and behave. Sorry buddy.

Would someone explain to me how the system works?
Here our Prime Minister is kinda a figure head for a political party whose policies are the same. I am certain he can't change any laws on his own back. It has to go through a whole lot of select committies, then parliament and get past by the majority before it becomes law
In the USA can a person just do what he likes and change things without getting a majority so does it really matter if its Trump or Clinton ?
Like he said......... when a president gets his panties in a wad, his frustration can lead him to make an "executive order" ..........his way without approval of congress.
Most stuff is brought up through the House and Senate, then when after a lot of arguing they decide on a brilliant plan to fix something or create a new program, they send it to the President for his signature to be written into law............. If the President likes the bill, he signs it. If he doesn't like the bill, he's Obama. :D

Thanks hav for trying to explain the "system"
We never hear about these types of things on our TV that I can remember
I will be watching the news in about 30 mins as it could be interesting
I like USA and the people I have met there so I am interested

Just curious why everyone thinks that Trump is against gun control? He is a RINO. Until a few years ago, he was a registered Democrat and in favor of gun control. After Sandy Hook, he wanted an assault weapons ban.

He did until the assault ban went away.
"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun," wrote Trump in his 2000 book "The America We Deserve."
trump gun
Donald Trump, who was awarded a flintlock rifle at the Citadel Military College last year, is speaking at the NRA annual meeting this week. But he wasn't always so gun-friendly.

The ban, which applied to military-style semiautomatic rifles with a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds, ran from 1994 until it expired in 2004. Since the ban lifted, this type of rifle with high-capacity magazines has been used in multiple mass shootings, including Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012, the movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, earlier that year, and San Bernardino, California, in 2015.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/17/news/donald-trump-nra-gun-control/

I think he realized that bans don't work because criminals and psychos don't follow any rules.

I'd rather he realized his mistake and changed than be anti-gun.

If this is going to become another "screaming about politics forum" then I am done.

I think everyones doing fine Rusty............ he did say Carpet. ;) I'm not gonna say anything to get a screaming match going. I don't believe many of us here truly like the candidate we voted for. Schtick happens and we'll all live through it.

The good thing is that excutive order can be reversed by the next president. Gotta love that eh?
A POTUS needs to be above reproach. Not seen one for awhile. And the oval office can be a tough place.
Least i didnt vote for a communist sympathizer. Lol

:D

The good thing is that excutive order can be reversed by the next president. Gotta love that eh?
A POTUS needs to be above reproach. Not seen one for awhile. And the oval office can be a tough place.
Least i didnt vote for a communist sympathizer. Lol

:D
Rest easy............... it's just 729 days til we start this annoying process all over again.

Latest posts

Back