Got Home

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
So, I get home after pulling three 12 hour days out of town, staying with some nice country folks doing their hardwood floors and everyone is tellin me my old VAIO 2001 with a CRT has crashed and cannot be turned on. Of course you could imagine horror, the horror in my eyes.
They are telling me I need a new computer and you will be lucky to retrieve the data off it cus it is so old, and the power supply is shot. Go spend 500 ducats for a new pc dad you cheap skate.

So I come into the office and give my VAiO a nice hug. Turn off the dusty old Belkin surge protector. Power up, hit the power button on my lovely. It makes that wonderful sound as it powers up and all it was is a new windows update. Does it all the time. I'm golden for another five or ten years. :D

Last edited:
Good lord ernie. Embrace the technology. Go get yourself a nice tablet with a credit card swiper. Change is good, and good for your business. I expect to see the new facebook page for your business up and running in the next few weeks! WITH PICS UPLOADED FROM YOUR SMART PHONE!

I have a 2005 gateway running xp...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Yuup. The wife order herself a new laptop last night. :) I do have a smart phone and just recieved my Square Mobile Card reader for it.Just gotta figure out how this deal works.

I have a 2006 FX gateway running xp.
Fixed a lot of win 7 , and win 8 . you can have them both , especially 8

My wife bought me this laptop for father's day last year. It's a Dell 17r, 8gb and one terrabyte. I'll never use all the memory. I like XP too, but my old laptop had Vista, and it was terrible.

I think my old Vaio has been assimilated into the Vista and the Vista into the Norton 360 because they work so well together and my pc never crashes, never get Geeks or Romans trying to invade it. All is well in Borg.

Yuup. The wife order herself a new laptop last night. :) I do have a smart phone and just recieved my Square Mobile Card reader for it.Just gotta figure out how this deal works.

I actually just got the paypal version. The fee is a little less and I can email customers invoices so they can pay online with credit cards. Cash is king though, I still love getting stacks of the green stuff.

I actually just got the paypal version. The fee is a little less and I can email customers invoices so they can pay online with credit cards. Cash is king though, I still love getting stacks of the green stuff.

I just signed up for both, Paypal and Square,. Square dumps the funds in your account the next day. You should read up on both of them

Ken said:
I suppose you guys use manual nailers too? Who needs those silly "air" tools!

That's a false analogy. My ten year old air nailer works just as good as your new one.

Ken said:
I think you boys are missing the point

The point being what? That you're running some new fangled software that makes your life so much more efficient then us so-called dinosaurs? Electronics are obsolete as soon as you unpack the box. No reason to buy into that corporate BS. Simply find something that works for you and stick with it until it doesn't.

Latest posts

Back