Gun free zone

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does your town compare?
https://heyjackass.com/home/Since 2009 there have been 159 police involved shootings.
So far this YEAR, there have been 2740 shootings........ Not By the police.
I've got a great idea. Let's defund the police.
What a novel idea 💡I never heard of that before 😜 ….. Sometimes, or most times us humans or is it aliens 😜 over react and the sensible thing would be to actually do the opposite.

Our need or desire to blame ( an emotional reaction) often wins out over sensible intelligence. 🥲

What a novel idea 💡I never heard of that before 😜 ….. Sometimes, or most times us humans or is it aliens 😜 over react and the sensible thing would be to actually do the opposite.

Our need or desire to blame ( an emotional reaction) often wins out over sensible intelligence. 🥲
It's a shame when 50 years of pointing out a problem accomplishes nothing.
45 years ago multiplying the police force X 5 could have stopped the trend.
The recent defunding the police has done what?
Lives obviously do not matter even slightly in Chicago. All these years and I've come to the conclusion that this is acceptable there. Not just to the governmental bodies and city counsel, but to the residents. They keep voting for this behavior to continue. 😓

It's a shame when 50 years of pointing out a problem accomplishes nothing.
45 years ago multiplying the police force X 5 could have stopped the trend.
The recent defunding the police has done what?
Lives obviously do not matter even slightly in Chicago. All these years and I've come to the conclusion that this is acceptable there. Not just to the governmental bodies and city counsel, but to the residents. They keep voting for this behavior to continue. 😓
Black lives don't matter when it is other blacks doing the shooting. It only matters when a white person kills a gang banger.

Unfortunately, in the pursuit for improvement, us humans over react, elevate the issue higher than necessary, or as it was intended and then sometimes dig in when challenged, because they feel misunderstood.

Real improvement requires flexibility by all parties. When Oliver, ‘ the over-reactor ‘ or perceived as ‘ Over-reacting’ shares their chant for justice, like de-funding anything.
If the listeners apply some understanding and empathy, then the outcome could be
they decide to respond, rather than react in kind. Then Visa-versa as it relates to Charles ‘ the challenger ‘

To simplify, Be as flexible as a bungee cord, in order to hold things together on the bumpy road of life.

The problem is the internet. People grow up today expressing their viewpoints simply as "me too" rather than thinking for themselves. Sadly don't know how that's going to change.

If the internet has made us dumber, maybe it could also make us smarter ?

It all depends on what messages we value. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It makes you and me smarter. It's the people who grew up being babysat by Facebook and Instagram while we were outside building cardboard forts, playing hide and seek and cowboys an Indians, Zorro, Superman and Batman.

Latest posts

Back