Harbor Freight ripped me off

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I was ripped off at my local Harbor Freight. Here is the letter that I sent their customer service representative.

From a decades long Harbor Freight supporter,

I went to your local store today to purchase some safety items. The regular price was $8.99, but this week only, the price had dropped to $1.99 for your hearing protectors. You also had safety glasses that had a regular price of $4.99, but this week the price was only $1.99.

Much to my surprise, when I went to pay, the cashier asked if I was a member. I told him that I sure was, and even provided my phone number to look it up. He then explained that I was not a member, but only an email subscriber. To get the price on these sale items, it would be necessary to pay $40 for an annual membership.

So now Harbor Freight has gone the way Costco has gone, you need to pay to play?

First of all, in my opinion, this is fraudulent false advertising. I do not appreciate your misrepresenting of sale items and these fraudulent tactics. Yeah, you may have found a way to rip off long time supporters such as myself, but I will not tolerate these tactics.

From this point forward, I will pay a few dollars more from an honest business, who hasn't stooped to these tactics.

It has been fun,

*******, Ca. *****

Being the super sleuth that you seem to be ;)I wonder why you didn't pull out the 20% off anything coupon which BTW is just as good as the Inside Track Club price. And also they have had that club since 2011.

That said there are fairly good tools made by brand name manufacturers in China with their supervision and to their spec, and then there's the junk at HF.

Ern, I have been told that this has been happening for a few.years but I just find it funny that I am
In there on a bi-weekly basis but have never seen them lock you at.the higher price, and always provided the discounts in the past. Maybe a new manager?

Latest posts

Back