Hardwood laminate floors

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devon

Any discussion for Hardwood laminate flooring open here....Suggestion.

Which is best hardwood laminate flooring or bamboo laminate floors?

Last edited:
Are you interested in laminate flooring or engineered flooring? Engineered is typically a wood veneer glued to a wooden substrate. Laminate is printed decor paper laminated to a high/medium density fiberboard.

Hi,

The advantages of laminate floor it will not to stain, fade, dent and are far more scratch and water resistant. All the entry level laminate wood is design for light traffic areas, it also warranty from the range of 10 to 15 years.

While the Bamboo flooring has emerged as a new material for the commercial design market. It’s unique look and earth friendly properties has made it popular for flooring and panels.That are suited to both casual and formal environments and will compliment the decor of both minimalist and eclectic flooring designs.

So, make up your mind....choose one that fitted to your personality....
hope it can help you.....

There are laminates that replicate both wood and bamboo. And, there are engineered woods with plys and a bonded wood surface, which can be better than a solid in many situations. In addition, there are various types of bamboo (strand, flat grain, horizontal) ... but they cannot be called "laminates", as they are bonded by their resins, not by high-pressure lamination.

There are some great laminates on the market, but what they look like has nothing to do with how they perform. Heck, there are porcelain tiles that look like wood now, go figure!

My problem with bamboo ~ true bamboo from a reputable company has been harvested after the proper time period and afterward treated in the proper manner. Those that are harvested too early are soft and you will see those at these bulk retailers for $1.99. Those will disappoint people in the long run.

Tia

There are laminates that replicate both wood and bamboo. And, there are engineered woods with plys and a bonded wood surface, which can be better than a solid in many situations. In addition, there are various types of bamboo (strand, flat grain, horizontal) ... but they cannot be called "laminates", as they are bonded by their resins, not by high-pressure lamination.

There are some great laminates on the market, but what they look like has nothing to do with how they perform. Heck, there are porcelain tiles that look like wood now, go figure!

My problem with bamboo ~ true bamboo from a reputable company has been harvested after the proper time period and afterward treated in the proper manner. Those that are harvested too early are soft and you will see those at these bulk retailers for $1.99. Those will disappoint people in the long run.

Tia
Never knew why I saw Bamboo that dents so easy....... I has been edumicated.

I dropped a 6" piece of lam on the floor during a inspection and it put a hole in it . That crap is just wallboard . not to be walked on .

Depends on the quality of the laminate. Laminate impact damge is usually chipped. Impact damage on a wood floor is usually just a dent. I can fix either one in about the same amount of time if the wood is prefinished.

Better yet if the wood floor has a hardwood oil finish I don't even have to pull the plank unless it is a very deep dent, just sand and recoat with the hardwood oil wax and buff'er in. Scratches are actually worst as far as unsightly damage rather then dents.

My favorite test ... when laminate was first introduced in the American market about 13 or 14 years ago, the brand Fibo-Trespo gave us a test thing. It was a long tube, and you dropped a thing that looked like a soup can but much heavier, with a spike on the bottom. It didn't hurt that stuff. One day, my coworker and I were bored and decided to try the test on all the other brands of laminates out at the time. Let's just say, we had to put them all in the trash, because they all got dented, cracked, or a hole punched in them. We had fun, though!

Tia

Latest posts

Back