Hate to change the plugs or water pump on this puppy

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 57 . I miss the older cars . :(

Should be around here today. I had to take the wife for a stress test and going by one of the hotels there had to be at least 50 of the old Chevies from back when Christ was still in Chicago to the 60's. It sure seemed strange to have one of them behind me at a light waiting to turn left and the guy had his arm out the window signalling a left turn.
All I could do is look and drool.
I had a 52 Pontiac-straight stick and straight 8, 60, chevy, 55 Ford and a 59 Chevy. Everybody wanted my Pontiac stick

Daris

Last edited:
That some set of wheels

Here's another, and he's a bit closer to you. There's nothing like a street legal 55 Chevy running a Merlin.
http://www.clubhotrod.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-46774.html

Read the entire article. Here's a snip from it:

He chose a Chev because from a promotional perspective, the popularity of that car and particular model in the US is unsurpassed. Taking the car on tour Stateside was always a primary goal in order to recoup the enormous time and costs in building The Final Objective.

"No car creates as much universal interest as a 1955 Chev two door. If you're a street rodder, that's everybody's dream car," Hadfield said.

"And the Rolls Royce Merlin is one of the world's most famous engines.

"We wouldn't be a free country today if not for the Rolls Royce Merlin," he added. He secured the rare engine as a spare from a Melbourne race boat called "Aussie Connection".

He started the project using a non-supercharged engine and then switched to forced induction when a suitable unit became available about five years ago.

Trying to find a gearbox which would handle the power was the first problem. He uses a Lenco that's customised from a Top Fuel drag car.

"We had to hand-make almost everything on the car, from the headlights back."

Final Objective.jpg

Back in the day, my older brother did the fancy lettering on a lot of those cars. Especially at the Winternationals, he lives in Columbus, Ohio, where they have those.

Latest posts

Back