Highlighted words for links???

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darol Wester

Professional
Pro
Lately, I've been running across words in whatever I'm reading on the confuser that are highlighted in color and if you click on it or ever hover over it, you get linked to a sales pitch on who knows what. Anyone else run in to this? Kinda annoying.

I'll bet there's a quick fix for it.

I've already ran Malwarebites and it's clean. I'm not with Mozilla or Mac. Not sure what it was I should've went to on the second link Nick. It just displayed a bunch of Google links, mostly for Mac. Probably missing something.:eek: Old people. Humph!

Problem persists. :confused:

Your Browser may have been High Jacked Darol .
Run Eset . If it finds anything it will produce a log . If it doesn't , No log.

Post the log if it finds anything .

Everyone should update their Browsers .

They're telling me that to run ESET, it is urgent that I uninstall any other resident security application such as anti-virus/anti-spyware or there will be serious problems.

This is ESET NOD32 from CNET.

Lately, I've been running across words in whatever I'm reading on the confuser that are highlighted in color and if you click on it or ever hover over it, you get linked to a sales pitch on who knows what. Anyone else run in to this? Kinda annoying.

I'll bet there's a quick fix for it.

Many of the forums I am on, use that for ads.

My Pleasure Darol.
Sorry not to get back to you sooner , but i been cleaning a few confusers , and putting on a new roof .
Download Spybot search and destroy . Spybot Search & Destroy is a free antispyware utility that targets adware, malicious code, and other threats. It also cleans security tracks, shreds files, and tweaks the Registry.

[ame]http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html[/ame]

You're suppose to come down off that roof when I start whinning.:D

I ran SpyBot and it found 16 items, all in red, two of which were trojans. All gone now. Very helpful.

What kind of roof? Comp, metal? I was a roofer in my early 20's. I got out of that profession. Too much beer was involved.:)

Good luck with your projects.

Latest posts

Back