How a stimulus package works

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Great explanation! Now this, I understand~~~

Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on
credit.

A Traveler comes to town and lays a $100 bill on the hotel desk saying he
wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night. As soon as he
walks upstairs, the hotel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his
debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to
the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier,
the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local
prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her
"services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel
owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the
traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are
not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything...

However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with
a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a "stimulus package" works.

Daris

That may have worked for the traveller, the butcher, the pig farmer, the Co-Op operator, the hooker, and the hotel operator, but it didn't work for the United States of Pretoria.:)

Bud your signature sure says a mouthful. A lot of truth in that.

:D Finally after all of these years it appears flooring work (all construction work) in this area has finally begun to rapidly decay.

The last couple of economical blips had jumped over us but this time...........!

I'm afraid this one may well be retirement disquised as a short vacation for me.:eek: Recently I have been looking at local hiway bridges under which a tent could be erected. I require only fire wood and clear running water.:)

:D Finally after all of these years it appears flooring work (all construction work) in this area has finally begun to rapidly decay.

The last couple of economical blips had jumped over us but this time...........!

I'm afraid this one may well be retirement disquised as a short vacation for me.:eek: Recently I have been looking at local hiway bridges under which a tent could be erected. I require only fire wood and clear running water.:)

And fish.

Daris

I'm just praying the stock market tanks again soon. The guy I'm working for is a investment broker and he makes the most money when the market tanks. I did three rooms for him but now he says he is out of stimulus money for the rest of the rooms untill the market tanks again. :confused:

I think I'm in the wrong biness.

I'm just praying the stock market tanks again soon. The guy I'm working for is a investment broker and he makes the most money when the market tanks. I did three rooms for him but now he says he is out of stimulus money for the rest of the rooms untill the market tanks again. :confused:

I think I'm in the wrong biness.

Flooring has tanked! Why aren't we rich?:rolleyes:

Flooring has tanked! Why aren't we rich?:rolleyes:

Well if your an investment broker like stock traders make buckets of money when the market tanks cus people sell.....CA CHING$$$ Then they have to move the money elsewhere...CA CHING$$$. They get paid twice. We on the other hand do not.

Latest posts

Back