How much would a pan liner have cost?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f2f998-dcb9-11e1-9974-5c975ae4810f_story.html

Not enough info in this article to make sense of it all.
....... but what if they opted for a cheaper fix by installing a rubber pan liner to seal this pool with?
34 million bucks and it's just 18 inches deep. I bet there would be rubber membrane manufacturers jumpin' all over this project just for the advertising/bragging rights.

Well there's allot more to it than just a fix of the deck of the pool dude. "The pool, about 160 feet wide and 2,100 feet long, dates from shortly after 1922" And it is getting water from the tide pool instead of leaking a half million gallons of water a week. Demoing 160 feet by 2,100 feet of asphalt and tiled bottom, and all the lights? C'mon. You want a DoughBoy pool liner? Thats not the way you even do a bad shower pan. LOL

No Pool No problem

pool.jpg

No Pool No problem

Pay no attention to that tile guy trying to justify the cost, Rusty. :D
What would shower pan liner with a 2 inch pour of self leveling concrete cost? Probably last another 50 years.
I like the blue tarp idea......... cheaper, and even on cloudy days the pool would be a nice pretty blue. :D

Last edited:
Pay no attention to that tile guy trying to justify the cost, Rusty. :D
What would shower pan liner with a 2 inch pour of self leveling concrete cost? Probably last another 50 years.
I like the blue tarp idea......... cheaper, and even on cloudy days the pool would be a nice pretty blue. :D

Can't self level over big cracks. Oh, you forgot all the nice sidewalks as well. Just think of how many people that got jobs from that, and then they pay income taxes, buy floors, and other goods. Call it a trickle down government program. ;)

Latest posts

Back