How to Delete Norton 360

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shoot, after reviewing Constant Guard and seeing people having issues with the anti-keylogger I might just have to get the free Norton anti-virus suite. Anyhoo, just let me know how to get rid of it and which steps to take b4 and after deleting it and loading another.

Thanks

Floorist, you know what I think about the basic freebie anti-virus software.

Anyhoo, forget it. I had to go to Costco and found Norton 360 5.0 for 20 bucks off the online price. Then I got another 30 bucks off after checking their coupon book. Plus it comes with Norton Smartphone security. Total cost was $39.99.What a gonga! Saved 50 bucks off online price.

Last edited:
Well I got Norton 360 5.0 installed without a hitch. Man it is awesome. I don't have to do nuthin as compared to multiple software programs one would use to protect their pc and private info.

And when I am googling stuff, there is a green check mark for websites that are deemed safe by Norton. No checkmark, no go. oh, my website has a green check mark. lol

Well maybe you should read this: [ame]http://download.cnet.com/Norton-360/3000-8022_4-10651162.html[/ame]

Glad you like it, but personal experience with it was bad. Takes up too much space with all the add-on files and slows the computer. It always missed viruses, too. Even McAfee was better. Never had a virus that the free version of Avast did not block.

When I had Norton 360 all they did was hound me about renewing my account all of the time. Hell, it wasn't anywhere near time to renew the damned thing. They missed a bunch of problems too.
For the price I was paying I also had online storage but it wasn't big enough to store a peanutbutter sandwich and they kept wanting to sell me more space. Then when I turned the damned feature off they hounded me to turn it back on all the time. I got tired of their friggen pop-ups every time I tried to do something.
WARNING THIS
WARNING THAT
YOU ARE AT RISK

I finally just said: SCREW 'EM.

Norton and Mac a not Free are resource hogs that cost money , and infections blow right through them .
I'll match Avast , and Zone Alarm free against them any day of the week . Did i mentioned they were free?

To each his own. Not everyones puter is the same. I don't have a problem with it. It may slow down my pc but since I run Vista it don't seem to matter.

I think if you include all the utility's 360 has and compare it to all the other seperate ones you would need ie not just virus protection, it is pretty much the same thing. Cept 360 is all inclusive. Your comparing apples to oranges.

I could say the same thing about zone alarm, been there had lots of issues with it and the down time and frustration it took to fix the infections was not fun let me tell ya.

Last edited:
ZA is a firewall . A lot of your problems is probably from Vista . That has to be one of the worst OS MS put out .

ZA is a firewall . A lot of your problems is probably from Vista . That has to be one of the worst OS MS put out .

Yea but it works, don't crash or freeze up. If it takes me a millisecond more to get to the next page of a forum then well no biggie I don't think I could tell the difference. And I ain't a gamer so.

I am not a fan of having ten different software programs on my machine to protect it and clean it. So have fun with all those. And if you haven't had it then you don't really know, your just saying what you hear. I'll just sit back and watch all the "freebie" users flock in and ask for help gettin rid of trojans and virsuses.

I've have had both .
On the other site i was on most of the infections were from people who had N & M .
Your Confuser , your Money . If you are happy . Great .
PS: You won't be seeing any Flocking .

i like avast! had the rest, went to the best....in my opinion. plus, its free! i like free. it makes ya smile!:)

Much like free pad and carpet installation. :D

Avast Pro 6 is surprisingly similar yet Norton rates higher in most tests. :p

[ame]http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Pro-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10181058.html[/ame]

or

[ame]http://download.cnet.com/Norton-360/3000-8022_4-10651162.html[/ame]

Try to uninstall Norton , or Mac a Not Free .
Let me know how you make out . :)

I researched that while I was researching how to uninstall avast. But I'll not need to...least for a year. :D

Just wundrin if you read the reviews?

Latest posts

Back