IncrediMail issue???

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darol Wester

Professional
Pro
In the last couple weeks I've had a problem with one friends incoming email. It arrives and then it keeps arriving every minute or so. Same message, same time with up to 14 of the same. It then locks up IncrediMail. I was able to stop it by going into my server mail box and delete it. But as soon as another from this person comes, it starts again. I've contacted him and he says he's running a Mac.

I'm using XP w/ IE.

Any ideas?

Someone has a virus .
Run Malware bytes on yours , Then do a online scan with Eset .

Are any of his other contacts having the same problem ?

Did you forward that out Darol? I have had no issues with anything you sent lately. FWIW I hear Barbies got a virus too. ;) JK

I had ran Avast and MWB and found nothing. BUT...I just received mail from another friend and it's doing the same thing.:rolleyes: Would I be on the right track in thinking this problem just might be an IncrediMail issue? I'm now getting a pop up from them stating that there was a problem and if I would like to send them a report.

Last edited:
Could be . Send them the report .

When you get tons of e mail from a contact ,it is always the confuser sending the mail .
But Macs don't get infected . [At least they didn't] . Now they are going after Macs now to .

It's a old virus that has been around awhile . I believe it is called the Vundo virus . I have a special software that will take it out .

So might the Vundo be in my pc, the other guys or both. It's come from two different sources now. The later one is a pc.

I've done an Avast and MWB scan and nothing shows up as far as Vundo or anything else for that matter.

I'll head on over to Incredimail forum and see what they might have to enlighten me with.

Just curious, is there a way to see if Vundo might be in my confuser?

OK. I just got back from the Incredimail forum and they are aware of the problem and are working on it as we speak. I guess everybody isn't having this problem with them.

Thanks anyway Nick.

Last edited:
If you post the logs .:)
But like i said it's the infected confuser that sends them , if no one is complaining to you about excestive e mails then you are not infected . Plus Incredimail is aware of the problem so it must be a Incredimail problem.
Did you ever type in the five A's in your contact list in the address section and display.
This virus goes through all your contacts and infects them . the five A's stops it in it's tracts as it needs a legit address to continue .

Latest posts

Back