Installing a new hard drive

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
If I purchased a new hard drive to use as my master, can I put the old hard drive in the slave position and install my SONY computer's operating system on the new drive?

I don't know if the SONY people will allow me to install the original operating system on another hard drive. If I did, wouldn't I have a clone? ........something they probably don't like to have happen.
I have the installation disks, just don't know how this procedure is done.

You need to speak to my 16 year old. He does that all the time. But then some how he gets software for freebies. :cool: He built himself a new puter and his older brother one too. Plus he threw his 1 terabyte external harddrive into his box. Crazy kids.

You need to speak to my 16 year old. He does that all the time. But then some how he gets software for freebies. :cool: He built himself a new puter and his older brother one too. Plus he threw his 1 terabyte external harddrive into his box. Crazy kids.

Whats' the description of a terabyte?

I have my abacus in hand right now so go ahead any time. :D
What is a terabyte for? ............no, I mean REALLY what is that much space for other than bragging to some dude with a 300 hp Camaro, that you have a 23,000hp Mustang?
......been on the net for years and I can't think of a reason in Hell that I need the current 80 gigs that I have now.
C drive is dedicated mostly operating system and downloaded programs and currently using less that 9.7gb, and the "C" partition area, the "D" drive is only using 7.23gb/ That's only using 18 out of 80 gb
..............and that is after how many years of computer use? and I'm still not lacking for storage space. I even have my old SONY hard drive loaded into this computer's D side.

I need a new one million megapixel camera to justify a new hard drive. :D

Last edited:
If I purchased a new hard drive to use as my master, can I put the old hard drive in the slave position and install my SONY computer's operating system on the new drive?

I don't know if the SONY people will allow me to install the original operating system on another hard drive. If I did, wouldn't I have a clone? ........something they probably don't like to have happen.
I have the installation disks, just don't know how this procedure is done.

It's no big deal . let me know when you are ready .

Whats' the description of a terabyte?

I have my abacus in hand right now so go ahead any time. :D
What is a terabyte for? ............no, I mean REALLY what is that much space for other than bragging to some dude with a 300 hp Camaro, that you have a 23,000hp Mustang?
......been on the net for years and I can't think of a reason in Hell that I need the current 80 gigs that I have now.

Well in the early days we didn't think we would need a 1 gig then either. I'm just glad those kids have their own puters cus of all the games, music and movies they have on theirs.....80 gigs...gone.

The prediction is in the near future desktops , laptops, ipads, [etc]. will be a thing of the past . :eek:

The prediction is in the near future desktops , laptops, ipads, [etc]. will be a thing of the past . :eek:
I predict in about 3 minutes, I'll be the only person possessing a winning Powerball ticket.
.............I'll get back to you on that. :D

Latest posts

Back