Internet speed?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darol Wester

Professional
Pro
Just curious what folks are getting for computer speed out there. Just tested mine at a Ping of 73, download is 3.17 and the upload is .68. Compared to some I've seen in the past, I think my confuser still carries a club and eats raw meat. This is on DSL.

This is fios .

Noname.jpg

Not bad Ernesto . Different times of the day will give different results , If you are on dsl, or cable a lot depends on how many people are ahead of you on the line to the box .

Does running Vista nd Norton have anything to do with that? :)

No . Speed-test is a good way to check and see if you are getting what you pay for .
A lot of ISP'S will throttle back your bandwidth if you do a lot of downloading . :mad:

Not bad Ernesto . Different times of the day will give different results , If you are on dsl, or cable a lot depends on how many people are ahead of you on the line to the box .

No telling on the line, I'm out in the sticks with comcast cable but buy the superduper highest speed supposedly. I bet my kids superduper computer does better.

Call and ask them what is the download , and upload speed you are paying for .
That's awful slow for DSL .
Don't care if you have a 100 boxes hooked up .
Bandwidth is Bandwidth .

AT&T says it's not profitable to run fiberoptic here. But the local cable company is in the process of running it and will offer internet in a few months. I may have to check them out. The only other internet available here is a local company. A friend had them and kept track, she lost her connection 36 times in a 2 hour stretch one evening.

Latest posts

Back